Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:16 AM

930 posts, read 717,607 times

Advertisements

I've read that Murfreesboro has good Elementary schools. We will be looking for a house for around 100,000. Which Elementary school(s)(Please specify by school name), are the best in the areas of this price range? We like schools that have alot of hands on learning and parent involvement. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 11:29 AM

177 posts, read 613,804 times
Not for sure about the price ranges, but I do believe the Mitchell-Neilson and Northfield areas should have much to choose from in this price-range. I love the Mitchell-Neilson area. Very quiet and family oriented. Pretty much retired and middle-age married couples. Northfield is also a good area. Cason Lane is part of what I consider "New Murfreesboro". I'm not that familiar with what's going on out there, but from what I've heard, It's a great place to be. All of the transplants are heading out there and to Blackman. Cason Lane is a good school also. To be honest, I don't think there are really any schools that you should just flat out avoid. The city is pretty safe, and the quality of education is pretty good.

Some people may agree or disagree with my opinions, I personally prefer the "quaintness" of the Mitchell-Neilson and Northfield areas. Especially for kids.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:20 PM

66 posts, read 369,040 times
My daughter goes to Scales Elementary. It is on the west side of town. Cason Lane and Blackmon are over here also. They are all excellent schools. There is a lot of new construction over in this area as well. But I agree with hew2a in that you can't really go wrong with a Murfreesboro City or Rutherford County school.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:43 AM

9 posts, read 30,211 times
Hi
Im moving to Ever Green Farms one of the new developments located by Scales Elementary . I was wondering when and if theres a Publix near byalso a Day Care. I will be moving there in September of this year from Fl any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,530 times
Dawn,

M'Boro and Rutherford county have some really good schools. This is a fairly cheap place to live, but to be honest w/you I think you're going to have problems finding somewhere at $100K. If you can afford up $120 that's a different situation.

As someone has mentioned, in that range Mitchell-Neilsen, Northfield, and Blackman Elementary Schools would all be fine. I've worked w/the physical education teachers at Mitchell-Neilsen and Northfield I think they're probably some of the best in the county.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:01 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamanm View Post
Hi
Im moving to Ever Green Farms one of the new developments located by Scales Elementary . I was wondering when and if theres a Publix near byalso a Day Care. I will be moving there in September of this year from Fl any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
They are actually building a Publix near the Evergreen Farms subdivision as we speak. I honestly don't know when it will be complete though. You might could check their website? It is the one of Franklin Rd./Hwy 96.

There is already a Kroger nearby (< 2 miles) though on near the intersection of Cason Lane and Old Fort Pwky.

I'm not sure about daycares in that area though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville