Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 08:05 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I was gonna guess the Guadalupe..this was taken about 30 yards from the Guadalupe back in early 70's....
aww.... the good old days. No way I could even sit on the ground anymore, let alone sleep there.

Hey, is that a GUN in your hand? That was a long time ago!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 09:13 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
aww.... the good old days. No way I could even sit on the ground anymore, let alone sleep there.

Hey, is that a GUN in your hand? That was a long time ago!!
That is a very good picture of young satx, enjoying nature..... It does look like a gun, doesn't it...

Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,083 times
Watching Canada Geese in a wheat field.
Each family group has one goose standing head up watching out for danger, while the others feed, and it seems that as another raises its head, the "watchman" lowers its head to feed, at the same time. The watcher seems to know when another is taking the watch.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 PM

228 posts, read 421,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
The Canada Geese always seem to know when I have my camera. When I don't they fly within feet of me, all the time.
Whenever I have camera, they don't come within a thousand feet.
Huh. So I am not the only one. How do they know?! I even tried hiding my camera in my pocket, but no luck.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
I was gonna guess the Guadalupe..this was taken about 30 yards from the Guadalupe back in early 70's....
..................Looks like a Colt Single Action Army--7 1/2" barrel...........and a size 12 or 13 "D" width pair of Western Boots.. ha ha ha.

Bet those bottles were for "target practice"..

Old 02-17-2012, 02:19 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
This is you, SATX56??

Tee hee----love it

Quote:

Old 02-17-2012, 02:23 PM

Nature is the "bomb"
Like your post LarsMac! (meercats do the same...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Watching Canada Geese in a wheat field.
Each family group has one goose standing head up watching out for danger, while the others feed, and it seems that as another raises its head, the "watchman" lowers its head to feed, at the same time. The watcher seems to know when another is taking the watch.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 PM

Saw a butterfly today , looked like a frittilary. And the Red-tipped photenias shrubs are getting ready to bloom, already fragrant... lots of robins around and downey woodpeckers.

Oh springtime...when our natural world comes alive once again!

Old 02-17-2012, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the coyote pic...

I was recently informed there are coyotes here, even on the SC large island I live on...they look a lot bigger than foxes...more like a German shepard size???

Thanks for the pet warnings---my cats love to play outside at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Grouch View Post
Loved the shots of the deer _redbird_. We've got a lot of them around here, especially towards the east end of the Fraser Valley. They had a bit of a rough time of it from about Dec 10th thru the end of January but with the snow all gone now there's plenty for them to graze on. In all they're looking pretty good these days - from what I can see in passing.

I also saw the two resident coyotes today out in the fields by my partner's shop. Both of them have put on weight since I saw (and almost ran over) them 2-3 weeks ago. They also have a lot more natural food available to them with the ground bare; this precludes the necessity of having to risk their sorry tails by undertaking early morning assault raids on Farmer Brown's chickens.

One of the pair passed close by me on his way to wherever he was headed; I didn't even get a sideways glance from him as he went by.

A very pleasant good night to you all.

Ron

Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,640 times
The first flowers of the season. I'm pretty sure that the university flowers came from a greenhouse. AND I think the poor little flowers wish to be back there! The temperature was cold and the wind was blowing them all downward! This flower was the only one out of 2 or 3 dozen that was completely facing down!

I should have taken a photo of the rest but my camera battery was dead after this shot! I hate that when it happens!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-flower7777.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature