Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 01:56 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times

Advertisements

Awwww...love them. They are always happy and playful.

Wish I could say that for the rest of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Otter plays basketball for exercise.

Sea Otter Hoop Dreams - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 01:58 PM

Please, the photos! I have seen only one or two in the wild--love all woodpeckers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
We have Red-Headed woodpeckers that hang around this area. They are so cool to watch. Large and visible they are. I'll have to get a pic of one in action.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 PM

YOUR photos make me dream of a possible visit to Montana!
What a lovely state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
This large river in northwest Montana is jammed up with free floating hunks of river ice.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomersBoy View Post
Seriously? I've been hunting deer for 40 years and it's been my experience that if a deer in the wild detects human scent or human activity of any kind, it immediately leaves the area. I have known them to circle downwind to check for danger as most big game animals do and if they pick up human scent, they high tail it out of there. They trust their keen sense of smell more so than their vision and hearing but as far as being the hunter as you suggested, I've not witnessed that and I've spent a lot of time in tree stands with lots of deer all around me. I shoot most of my deer with a digital camera these days.
You will also here stories from around the US were the deer for some reason went rouge and came back for the hunter. I think if you researched you would find this in the rut season. The digital camera is the best way too go but also use caution. Something is going on with the wild life just not deer other animals are also attacking people for no good reason. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...-attacks_x.htm

Old 02-23-2013, 11:50 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
^
So the deer aren't try to kill the hunter, just trying to $&#* him.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Hey Baby. What's your sign?

Old 02-24-2013, 05:17 PM

515 posts, read 778,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
You will also here stories from around the US were the deer for some reason went rouge and came back for the hunter. I think if you researched you would find this in the rut season. The digital camera is the best way too go but also use caution. Something is going on with the wild life just not deer other animals are also attacking people for no good reason. USATODAY.com - Deer attacks: Nature, civilization lock horns
Yes, deer will attack humans and other animals under certain circumstances but it's rare in the wild. I think most attacks by bucks are during the rut when their testosterone levels are high. During the rut, bucks can get a little ornery and anyone hunting should use caution when using buck lures containing doe estrous. Does with fawns can be aggressive too as you will see in this video.

Deer Attacks dog - YouTube

Old 02-24-2013, 05:55 PM
bjh

Quote:
Yes, deer will attack humans and other animals under certain circumstances but it's rare in the wild. I think most attacks by bucks are during the rut when their testosterone levels are high. During the rut, bucks can get a little ornery and anyone hunting should use caution when using buck lures containing doe estrous. Does with fawns can be aggressive too as you will see in this video.
That's not easy to watch. Doe is just trying to do her job, we should realize.

I hope the dog was okay. Looks like the cat got away.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 PM
bjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
"What's a chick like you doing at a birdbath like this?"

Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Cute! She looks real!

Quote:

Deer Attacks dog - YouTube
Oh boy! Poor dog! Hope he didn't have broken bones. Mama was okay with kitty until kitty slapped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature