Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 06:20 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Kitty View Post
Scary! Glad you survived!
Male Gators are extremely aggressive during mating system. I did not go wadding during this time of the year. As long as you keep your distance and not move quickly and not be aggressive most off the time I say most depending on how deep you are in the water. I was more concerned about water moccasins than the gator.
Part of taking photo's in the swaps of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,148 times
I've enjoyed watching this eagle sweetness. Have your sound on so you can hear the shared chirping. All the nuzzling and beak kissing .... awww

MNBound Eagles Sweetest Exchange 3-26-13 - YouTube

Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 PM

Just before I moved out of Florida I got this unusual shot of a small gator and a gar fish in a drainage canal. The drainage canal was 5--6 feet wide and hip deep full of juvenile gators 2-4 foot long and several gar fish 1-3 foot in size. And water moccasins

Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM

Eagle watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man View Post
Male Gators are extremely aggressive during mating system. I did not go wadding during this time of the year. As long as you keep your distance and not move quickly and not be aggressive most off the time I say most depending on how deep you are in the water. I was more concerned about water moccasins than the gator.
Part of taking photo's in the swaps of Florida.
If I were in an area like that, I think I would also be more worried about moccasins.

Quote:
Just before I moved out of Florida I got this unusual shot of a small gator and a gar fish in a drainage canal. The drainage canal was 5--6 feet wide and hip deep full of juvenile gators 2-4 foot long and several gar fish 1-3 foot in size. And water moccasins
Big gar! Is the gator looking for lunch?

Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Eagle watching.

If I were in an area like that, I think I would also be more worried about moccasins.

Big gar! Is the gator looking for lunch?
I think it was a stand off.. I did not stick around. Dirt road in the swaps and snakes every were and knee high grass gave me the chills..The canal was 1/4 mile long and 5-8 feet wide and 6-8 feet deep down too the water edge with all most straight sides. If you feel in your toast.. water maybe 3-5 feet deep. You would never get out being by yourself.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Quote:
Quote:
Eagle watching.

Good shots.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 AM

607 posts, read 1,393,441 times
I was at a park not far from my house the other day and was walking one of the wooded trails. As I walking through the pine forest part of the trail, I heard screeching sounds. I looked up and saw 2 or 3 screeching owls flying from tree to tree. It was really cool because you just don't see owls in the wild that often. At least I don't anyways. They sat up there in those pine trees just staring at me. They were so graceful looking. They're beautiful animals and it was really a site to see. I ALMOST always bring my camera with me when hiking the trails in this park just in case I happen to come upon something unique like this that I just don't see everyday. Wouldn't you know it that the one time that I decided NOT to bring my camera I happened upon this awesome scene?? I've been going back almost every day since with my camera in hand hoping to get some pictures, but of course they haven't been back since that one day. I could just punch myself for not bringing my camera that day.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:06 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
Recently when stopped at a traffic light I observed blobs of bird poop land on the windshield.

True story.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Recently when stopped at a traffic light I observed blobs of bird poop land on the windshield.

True story.
That's so hard to avoid! I haven't yet had a huge plop from a pelican but I'm very close to the beach. That's another reason to keep water and paper towels in the car!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

True story.
i can always tell when the mulberries are ripe based on the purple splashes on my truck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature