Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
nope. i was going 75 mph, it was night, and the fox was caught in the lights of the car ahead of me running off the road.
That's no excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 12:27 PM

30,511 posts, read 16,209,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
That's no excuse.

Oh, I dunno-it works for me!

Old 10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,379,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I don't think a reflection... but could be seeing the trees on the west side of the house through the window... Hmmm.....

Often, if they don't hit hard, this is the case. Usually when they are coming in from a short distance and have no momentum... Unfortunately, both of the robins in our case were not so lucky.
I wonder if closing a curtain over windows on that side, so the trees aren't visible, would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
nope. i was going 75 mph, it was night, and the fox was caught in the lights of the car ahead of me running off the road.
What happened? I hope the fox got away.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,140,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
What happened? I hope the fox got away.
sure did. it was quick. also saw a wild horse earlier monday.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
My request for a nature forum was turned down, was told to post in science....but no one posts bird, animal, rock, tree, etc posts there!

Today I saw a Yellow-billed cuckoo...brown w/long tail that has tear-shaped white spots...very secretive bird, I was happy to see one.

And: pair of Downy woodpeckers and 2 juvenile Red-bellied woodpeckers cavorting in the trees. Dragonflies galore.......lots of yellow-orange-red blooming lantana in my area now.

What have you observed recently about our natural world?

gbh
Thank you ,this is a very good topic! I Love nature. I drove the car on the road and on Chasse came bear with 3 cubs . they were a few months I think. Although it is a frequent phenomenon in my region. Every day I see as the highway running out foxes and rabbits , as fly eagles and eagles . I often see the whales and sea lions . Sometimes I see a Bobcat or a glutton. With regard to the nature. Then, watched the erupting volcano and lava flows . Two weeks ago, bathed in natural swimming pool in thermal Spa under the stars . It is very relaxing.
The most amazing thing is that I saw a few months ago. As salmon himself alive jumped out of the water on the beach . Somewhere tons 5-7 think . People went collected it . He was completely healthy. I think it underwater earthquake them forced to jump out on shore. Fish do sometimes

Old 10-02-2013, 08:40 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,546,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Thank you ,this is a very good topic! I Love nature. I drove the car on the road and on Chasse came bear with 3 cubs . they were a few months I think. Although it is a frequent phenomenon in my region. Every day I see as the highway running out foxes and rabbits , as fly eagles and eagles . I often see the whales and sea lions . Sometimes I see a Bobcat or a glutton. With regard to the nature. Then, watched the erupting volcano and lava flows . Two weeks ago, bathed in natural swimming pool in thermal Spa under the stars . It is very relaxing.
The most amazing thing is that I saw a few months ago. As salmon himself alive jumped out of the water on the beach . Somewhere tons 5-7 think . People went collected it . He was completely healthy. I think it underwater earthquake them forced to jump out on shore. Fish do sometimes
Welcome to this thread!

I was so taken with your post that I had to look up your location on Google maps. It's a huge peninsula, and I am guessing not heavily populated. I would love to see photos.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Welcome to this thread!

I was so taken with your post that I had to look up your location on Google maps. It's a huge peninsula, and I am guessing not heavily populated. I would love to see photos.
Thank you! Photo in my profile,welcome! In my region there are so many little villages across Kamchatka. And 4 of the city. The biggest Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky . In Him I live. The population before the 90s was more than 450 thousand people today, where the 250. Two of the city including Petropavlovsk-К(The area of the city a few years ago, 362 square kilometers, more than today.)is located along the Avacha Bay. It is the deepest closed Bay in the world and the second largest. Here's highest active volcano in Eurasia is about 5000 meters Kluchevskaya Sopka. This is one of the few places on ground. where preserved virgin nature,there are places where no man has gone before today.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 10-02-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,546,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Thank you! Photo in my profile,welcome! In my region there are so many little villages across Kamchatka. And 4 of the city. The biggest Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky . In Him I live. The population before the 90s was more than 450 thousand people today, where the 250. Two of the city including Petropavlovsk-К(The area of the city a few years ago, 362 square kilometers, more than today.)is located along the Avacha Bay. It is the deepest closed Bay in the world and the second largest. Here's highest active volcano in Eurasia is about 5000 meters Kluchevskaya Sopka. This is one of the few places on ground. where preserved virgin nature,there are places where no man has gone before today.
I checked out your photo albums. You are a great photographer. It is going to be fun to read about your observations.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 AM

Here are some photosIn Kamchatka by the way the most calm and large brown bears.
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-1.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-1-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-2-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-3-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-4-.jpg  

Tell me your nature observations!-1-5-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-6-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-7-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-8-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-9-.jpg  

Tell me your nature observations!-1-10-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-11-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-12-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-14-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-15-.jpg  

Tell me your nature observations!-1-16-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-17-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-18-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-19-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-20-.jpg  

Tell me your nature observations!-1-21-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-22-.jpg  

Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I checked out your photo albums. You are a great photographer. It is going to be fun to read about your observations.
Thank you!But,not all pictures are mine. Some of my friends my friends photographers and Amateurs.I have almost 5 nights. I'll tell you in the morning, OK!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature