Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,450,922 times

Advertisements

My gawd I wish I wouldn't have clicked on that link. Now I am going to be thinking about the man eater!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,015,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I also like spiders.
But I would shriek like a little girl if I found one of those (let alone a huntsman spider) in my house.

I take spiders outside with my bare hands instead of killing them. Unless they're black widows or brown recluses.
I would shriek like a little girl too!

I am not as brave as you.....I capture them in a paper bag and then take them outside. {or to the basement or the spare bedroom in the winter } Most of the time I just leave them where they are unless they are hanging out where I like to hang out or they are about to become a cat toy.

Unfortunately, many times my cats get them before I do.

I would love to see the look on their little faces is they saw THAT running up the wall!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

I am not as brave as you.....I capture them in a paper bag and then take them outside. {or to the basement or the spare bedroom in the winter } Most of the time I just leave them where they are unless they are hanging out where I like to hang out or they are about to become a cat toy.

I would love to see the look on their little faces is they saw THAT running up the wall!
When I was living in Nor Cal my GF moved into the sublet one day I came over and there was the hugest spider on the wall, I think it was a wolf spider. So being a snake guy I figured live and let live right?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:36 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,160,560 times
Speaking of spiders, this is my favorite site for dispelling spider myths:

Spider Myths: Home

Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo-e View Post
Speaking of spiders, this is my favorite site for dispelling spider myths:

Spider Myths: Home
I read that one after I saw a large black widow running from wood pile to basement window splat!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,135,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Oh good for you saving them!

LOL and I thought about how my dogs would respond to an giant hairy spider.
Black Lab: La la la la de daa, hey is that a crumb of food on the floor? Hmmm that couch sure looks comfy....wouldn't notice it.
Rottweiler: EAT THAT THING NOW!!
JRT cross: EAT THAT THING NOW!!

Pretty much, large tropical bugs or spiders would not stand a chance here. I have dogs that kill wildlife, bugs and can (seriously) snatch birds right out of the air.

In my last house I had several house centipedes. At first I was horrified but once I realised how beneficial they were I'd just cart them down to my basement and let them be.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 AM

136 posts, read 238,906 times

Note to self ... Do not look at pictures of giant, man-eating spiders before bed... Arrrgg!!!!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,674,029 times
I am not even going to click on that link.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,036,446 times
You see this is the very reason I dont live in one of those se asian countries or anywhere near them . LOL.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,809,735 times
I thought I saw a blue version of this spider too. Anyway, cool spiders!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature