Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:19 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times

Advertisements

What we need to be worried about is the carbon monoxide producing vehicles such as snow machines, cars, buses etc being allowed access into a fragile and rare ecosystem such as Yellowstone and other areas near and far from this area.
Humans have an innate ability to destroy the very places they love by constantly being a presence and due to this a threat to wildlife and the ecosystem.

I lived between Yellowstone and Glacier parks in Helena, Montana for 14 years where I visited each park a total of zero times despite countless opportunities to do so.

The best thing to do for these unique and very sensitive ecosystems to to keep humans out permanently .

That's what you need to be worried about as opposed to a "" bubbling massive caldera "" that statistically is not a threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
To answer the OP's question (and not go off on some tree hugging rant ), I would say that I am not worried about Yellowstone. We live too close to worry about it...mainly because we would not have time to spare it a thought before we were wiped off the map anyway.

Same idea when I lived in the Seattle area. Being concerned about the "Ring of fire" volcanoes (Baker, Rainier, etc...) all going up at once was pointless. Nothing you can do about it and you wouldn't survive it anyway...

Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
There is a very cool live cam at www.nps.gov/features/yell/live/live4.htm which shows the Old Faithful geyser basin plus one a short distance away. You can see Old Faithful and its companion geysers steaming and occasinally erupting, tourists strolling past, and an occasional bison, bird, or other creature. The camera operator is very good about focussing on whatever interesting thing is going on, be it geyser eruption or beautiful sunset.
Thanks for the link! I got on there just in time to watch a geyser erupt. I like how the guy actually pans around and the camera doesn't just sit in one spot.

I love Yellowstone...went there as a kid. What a fun vacation that was.

The only downside to this is that it makes me miss the west...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature