Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:18 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times

Advertisements

A hiking trip isn't a hiking trip without either jumping in a lake or finding the right place in the river to rinse off. If I'm camping mid-week and there's no one around, I don't necessarily bother getting dressed again when I go back to the campsite.

This was bracing:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 08:39 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
A hiking trip isn't a hiking trip without either jumping in a lake or finding the right place in the river to rinse off. If I'm camping mid-week and there's no one around, I don't necessarily bother getting dressed again when I go back to the campsite.

This was bracing:

That does look bracing!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
You can't just go naked anywhere. If you strip in any public place, especially a park, you could be arrested for indecent exposure at the least. Find some really remote area to go naked. I have never gone naked in the woods, but I've done a few other things.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:08 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,127,514 times
I have gone out to water the garden in the morning a few times wearing nothing but shoes. (depends on what I'm wearing when I sleep)

I'm on my 80 acres, so if someone sees....

Old 07-10-2013, 12:37 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,189,471 times
Years ago we had a place in a rural area with nearby pond.I enjoyed skinny dipping. Have also enjoyed skinny dipping in the Ocean in quiet area at night. In today's world with all the laws and sex offender registries I would want to be sure I was on gated private property.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:46 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Only twice out of necessity. Once I had to fix a spring box which was across the river and up a mountain. The river was pretty full being the end of winter and being the time of year wet clothing was not an option. So I stripped and carried my clothes over my head. I was actually pretty surprised that the water was not as cold as I thought it would be.

The second time was when I was on a mountain in my motorhome, it was the middle of the night so asleep and not wearing anything. I was awoken (and jumped up) by a loud crash and the motorhome rocking. I thought a tree had fallen on me. But a quick look toward the drivers seat told me that was not the case. When I tried to go outside I could not open the door, and it was too dark to see anything. And I was to shocked to think to turn on a light. I went out the drivers door and without looking jumped into snow. Ran around to the other side to see what was blocking the door. The snow had collapsed the awning. At that moment I realized everything. I was nude, standing in snow. I just started laughing.

I'm no way an exibitionist or comfortable being nude around strangers, not my thing. But I have no problem if others want to be nude.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:24 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
You can't just go naked anywhere. If you strip in any public place, especially a park, you could be arrested for indecent exposure at the least. Find some really remote area to go naked. I have never gone naked in the woods, but I've done a few other things.
Did you hear about the old man arrested for indecent exposure? Charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. lol

Rishi, I worked on a highway crew and a young lady on our crew had to make a "trip to the woods". Problem was, she found out later, where she squatted to pee was right in the middle of poison ivy, which she got in amply supply, everywhere toilet paper touches in the front! This girl was off work for several days with this problem and had to take a lot of ribbing about it for a long time afterwards from the guys she worked with. lol

Old 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
My wife, son and myself were birding in SE Arizona, walking along a stream. In the distance I could see a figure approaching. As it got nearer, it was clear all he had on was a fanny pack and hiking boots. He was an older gentleman, perfectly tanned and physically fit. As we passed he said, "no offense intended, just hiking thru." I think I said, none taken. When we got back to the ranger station, I commented to the lady ranger that I had seen a rare bird up the trail. She got excited and said,"What kind was it?. I said it was a Naked Jaybird and she started laughing. She said, "oh that was Mr. xxxxxx. He hikes here all the time.

You meet the nicest people birding.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:58 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,523,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi851 View Post
I want to roam naked with other folks. I've seen in in some articles and heard of skinny dipping but I'd love to do it for myself. Is it a common practice where you are from? Is it legal to walk around naked in parks and such without anyone batting an eyelid?
Google AANR If in Europe >>> inf-fni.org
The Naturist Society

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 07-12-2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Beaches of Rhodes Greece and a few nudist camp grounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature