U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM
 
160 posts, read 331,908 times
Reputation: 236

Advertisements

the neighbors cows doesnt moo that much, they are black angus cows. Well I notice the farmer put the cattle in a small pen like there bunch up together with no food or water. and when he does that he gets rid of them the next day. Last night i believe he put them up around 7 or something.. plus it was a full moon and they mooed all night like crazy.
do you know any other farmers that do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2013, 06:40 AM
 
Location: Terra
2,826 posts, read 3,341,156 times
Reputation: 3341
I don't know any farmers that do that... but this post makes me LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 AM
 
Location: South Carolina
14,362 posts, read 19,743,306 times
Reputation: 25752
I come from farm people and i have never seen or heard of this . However when cows moo most of the night there is a problem such as a predator sneeking around ...like a coyote or a wolf or maybe even a fox . Now if he is getting ready to transport them maybe he does this so he does not have to round them up in the am ...I dont know .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,392,709 times
Reputation: 4535
It's going to be pretty close to weaning time, depending which part of the country you're in. That would cause the mama cows to moo for their lost babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,761 posts, read 2,457,455 times
Reputation: 4811
Queue the porn music....

**Bow-chicka-wow-wow**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 10:49 AM
 
1,176 posts, read 2,149,280 times
Reputation: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
the neighbors cows doesnt moo that much, they are black angus cows. Well I notice the farmer put the cattle in a small pen like there bunch up together with no food or water. and when he does that he gets rid of them the next day. Last night i believe he put them up around 7 or something.. plus it was a full moon and they mooed all night like crazy.
do you know any other farmers that do that?
The above requires some interpretation, but it sounds like the calves are being sent off to summer camp. A cow that has been separated from her calf will low in an attempt to call the calf back to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 11:24 AM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,392,709 times
Reputation: 4535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
The above requires some interpretation, but it sounds like the calves are being sent off to summer camp. A cow that has been separated from her calf will low in an attempt to call the calf back to her.
I see you have the same answer that I have. It seems more than one person on this thread to spend some time working with cattle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 AM
 
1,176 posts, read 2,149,280 times
Reputation: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I see you have the same answer that I have. It seems more than one person on this thread to spend some time working with cattle.
I'm no expert, but I've been through a few nutcuttins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 12:17 PM
 
Location: In a little house on the prairie - literally
10,202 posts, read 6,392,709 times
Reputation: 4535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
I'm no expert, but I've been through a few nutcuttins.
Yes it always amazes me that is the mommas doing all the mooing and calling whereas the calved just get up twitch their tails and wander off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 PM
 
Location: southwest TN
8,288 posts, read 15,467,883 times
Reputation: 15237
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Yes it always amazes me that is the mommas doing all the mooing and calling whereas the calved just get up twitch their tails and wander off.
Just like most teens.

Except the humans return home later to mooch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top