U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:00 PM

1,587 posts, read 6,917,086 times

Advertisements

If hides were worth more people be there to get em right away. People eat them also. Would I want a coon strolling around my yard? No he be dead,had to shoot one a few years ago and burn him up as on road middle of a bright day,skinny scrawny and no fear so Rabies scare easier to put em down than let someone get bit and believe me they bite hard we had wild coon we used for dog training but one was very gentle and let us hold him pet him and ignored dogs.Another we had rip the crap outta ya.

If a critter in my garbage looking for food then in my eyes to many of em out there and need a cull or it is injured and not do what is natural and not good either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 02:06 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,962,426 times
A raccoon wandering around during the day is alarming. They are attracted to pet food that is out, birdseed, garbage etc.. They will also kill cats and dogs.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:49 AM

1,738 posts, read 7,698,117 times
he came back and tried to attack my cat ....my husband shot him a few times w/ the bee bee gun. He hasn't been back since. It's just like a bee sting. My pets are domestic and it is my responsibility to protect them.

No I should e able to secure my trash can and I do, not gonna shoot a critter for that, but for him to show up twice and make lunch eyes at my cat ....We are gonna take care of it.

I do not feed stray or wild animals. If you feed wild animals you become the food source and I don't want to be that. I believe in survival of the fittest.
but if a animal is hurt I will help as needed.

We were kinda nice to this raccoon at first, because no one live in this house for 18 months so critters too over the yard. I've removed at least 6 turtles, scared away a opossum (who will get shot if he shows up again, cause they are disgusting!!!!) and we attempted to scare this dude away, so we just gave him a little reminder that our yard is not fun.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:58 PM

15,370 posts, read 35,697,710 times
Had one in the backyard when I lived in NJ....I would go out to the yard and find him in the big pinetree....peeking around the side.......[I lovvvvve Rackety coons]

Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 PM

6,663 posts, read 27,359,268 times
Use a hose, lock up food. I love them but they will distroy your house given a chance.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:34 PM

1,738 posts, read 7,698,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Use a hose, lock up food. I love them but they will distroy your house given a chance.

honestly, I'm grossed out by the pic. I barely let my dog do that

Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 PM

6,663 posts, read 27,359,268 times
He never licked my face, he loved to smell what was on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or