U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 01:34 PM

58 posts, read 67,588 times

Advertisements

I have been wondering, with the recent very precise alignment was there any chance of an increased gravitational disturbance on the areas with the best view?

A brief, near perfect syzygy between the Earth, Sun and Moon with Earth smack dab in the middle. The Pacific Ring and U.S. had the best viewing area which, logically, should correspond to the highest and longest duration of exposure to elevated gravitational pull during this very rare and precise alignment.

We may never be able to measure slight variations in the gravitational pull exerted onto Earth by the Moon during these very rare and precise alignments but we know the Moon is strong enough to keep the worlds Oceans in motion, keep Earth on it's axis and cause the equatorial bulge.

Could it not disturb a dormant fault line, or temporarily increase activity in already active areas?

Could it not be a rare contributor to tectonic plate agitation or fault line ruptures?

Small elevations in gravitational force caused by an orbiting moon 1/4 their size may take a long time to manifest in large, rocky planets with shifting tectonic plates.

So far this year there have been 24 earthquakes measuring 6. or higher. Half of those twenty four have occurred in the past two weeks which include the 1st 8. quake and the 1st six 7. quakes registered this year.

I consider that an uptick in large seismic activity. More 6.0 quakes in the past 14 days than the previous 12 weeks including the seven strongest of the year thus far. Just so happens there was a very rare, very precise alignment taking place directly over the area where the uptick is taking place.

Are the two weeks prior and two weeks after a Blood Mood the most seismically active as far as large earthquakes, or earthquakes in areas like Idaho that rarely experience them but have a spike during very rare, very precise celestial alignments?

Originally written and posted 4/11/14 in a discussion regarding Blood Moons.

There was another Big One today in Mexico.

Last edited by Astro Art; 04-18-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Zot

468 posts, read 595,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Art View Post
I have been wondering, with the recent very precise alignment was there any chance of an increased gravitational disturbance on the areas with the best view?
There will be no noticeable gravitational effect.

Generally the only solar objects that affect earth via gravity in a noticeable way are the sun and moon.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:43 PM

Those are the two solar objects I was referring to with the recent, very rare Blood Moon alignment.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:30 PM
bjh
Status: "I know y'all are getting sick of me. :D" (set 18 hours ago)

35,732 posts, read 24,661,667 times
1. There is no actual blood. It's just red. An apple isn't a blood fruit.

2. We can subtract a pound or two from the scale. j/k, but then again, why not.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:31 PM

I use the term blood loosely in Blood Moon. To me it's only an indication of a very rare and precise alignment. So precise it causes the moon to turn the same exact color as Blue Moon beer of all things.

That's the only significance I'm referring to when using the term Blood Moon. The preciseness of the Sun, Earth and Moon that makes the moon change color, not the particular shade of color itself nor the spiritual or religious contexts which it's most commonly used to refer to.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM
bjh
Status: "I know y'all are getting sick of me. :D" (set 18 hours ago)

35,732 posts, read 24,661,667 times
Quote:
I use the term blood loosely in Blood Moon. To me it's only an indication of a very rare and precise alignment. So precise it causes the moon to turn the same exact color as Blue Moon beer of all things.

That's the only significance I'm referring to when using the term Blood Moon. The preciseness of the Sun, Earth and Moon that makes the moon change color, not the particular shade of color itself nor the spiritual or religious contexts which it's most commonly used to refer to.
My post wasn't about your post, it was a light-hearted comment about the use of the term throughout the media and everywhere else.

Please don't take it personally. You're among friends.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
My post wasn't about your post, it was a light-hearted comment about the use of the term throughout the media and everywhere else.

Please don't take it personally. You're among friends.

No worries bjh I didn't take it personally. But I realized after your comment that a lot of people do think of the color as the most impressive part, not the alignment itself. I probably should've started my original post with my thoughts on what the significance was since, as you and I both pointed out, gets caught up in all the hoopla about things that don't pertain to science or nature.

And my reply was more of an addendum than an attack on your comment.

And it's good to be among free thinking readers like yourself. Thanks for reading

Old 04-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Zot

468 posts, read 595,765 times
Smile Blood moon, humbug, give me a Bad Moon!

Quote:
I use the term blood loosely in Blood Moon.
Hmm for some reason a Creedence Clearwater song (Bad Moon Rising) comes to mind. Amazing hour our failing neurons make flawed connections with unrelated things. Maybe Bad Moon Rising is the source of concern, the lyrics are a bit apocalyptic.

Quote:
I see a bad moon arisin'
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

Don't go around tonight
Well, it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise

I hear hurricanes ablowin'
I know the end is comin' soon
I fear rivers overflowin'
I hear the voice of rage and ruin

Don't go around tonight
Alright

Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Looks like we're in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye

Well, don't go around tonight

Don't go around tonight
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 PM

Anyone with Fog in their name can probably see through it

Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 PM

7,280 posts, read 4,996,962 times
That "blood moon" business is really wearing thin on me. Some media idiot got hold of it and started hyping it like crazy as though it's some incredibly rare phenomenon, when in reality every total lunar eclipse is a "blood moon." OK, granted, you can counter that total lunar eclipses are not that common, but there was nothing about this one that was any different than any other total eclipse. But the media is going bananas pumping it up as though it is.

We have 3 more of them coming up over the next 15 months, and I suppose we're going to be hearing the same hype for every one of them, so I guess I may as well get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or