Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 08:24 AM

477 posts, read 314,648 times

Advertisements

When male lions take over a pride that isn't theirs and kill all of the cute little cubs after driving out the other male(s), I wouldn't call that "evil", by human standards, but it certainly feels wrong on some level even though there are reasons they do it.

And even mating in the animal world is unsettling, to a certain extent, because a lot of the copulating is forced when the male is bigger. And when the female is bigger, the male has to get away before getting eaten (in the case of spiders and some insects).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 09:11 AM

351 posts, read 482,269 times
The human botfly, Dermatobia hominis

Old 08-15-2016, 09:26 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
Let's see... evil animals, huh?

Well, I assume Jeffrey Dahmer dogs, Ed Gein gorillas, Gary Ridgeway rats, Ted Bundy bunnies, and Donald Trump are all evil animals.

My grandma had a huge parrot named Fred who would bite large wooden dowels in half, scream at the top of his lungs while you were on the phone, and try to pluck your eyeballs out of your head. But he wasn't evil. Just misunderstood.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:58 AM

248 posts, read 194,434 times
Well, all...why not just everyone agree to disagree or vise-versa. Think I will go seek out some nature which for this member is far less evil that a store of any typethose are full of humans...EEEEEEEEEEKK!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2016, 10:36 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Wasps serve a purpose and the only problem with them is when you have a mess in your environment and attract them.

I've never been stung by anything in my entire life. And I'm a dog walker, outside all the time.

PestWeb | Yellow jackets: potentially dangerous pests do serve purposes

Fact of the matter is: The most evil animal is the homo sapien.

No other species acts with such "evil" intent, and knowingly creates generation after generation of the same, either.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:10 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
You are. You are also a criminal. It is illegal to transport and release wild animals, no matter where you live. If you have to relocate a wild animal, kill it and relocate it to the landfill.
Absolutely wrong and untrue. You don't know what you're talking about.

The apology to the poster you insulted is up to you.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
  1. Golden Retrievers
  2. Labrador Retrievers
  3. Newfoundlands
  4. Beagles
  5. Labradoodles
  6. Goldendoodles
  7. Springer Spaniels
  8. Bernese Mountain Dogs
I should add Old English Sheepdogs and Irish Setters to that list.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:32 PM

248 posts, read 194,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Wasps and yellow jackets have been my sworn enemy since I was a little kid when my foot swelled up like a football after being stung. I have been stung other times since and have declared war against them. I'm like the Omega Man except I hunt them when it gets dark. I have an arsenal of wasp spray cans and watch where they build their nests during the day and then go on the warpath at night. Their dead bodies are all over my yard. Once, when I was a teenager, I hung a half-empty can of orange soda from a tree in my backyard, taped about a dozen firecrackers to it and fastened a 4 foot fuse and waited a couple of days for them to show up. At first only a couple were feeding off it but soon the can was covered with yellow jackets. I lit the fuse and blew them all to hell and said " take that you bastards."
This type of violent behavior causes me concern. I certainly would not want to be on your defecation roster. This type of acting out is most serious and my suggestion for you would be to seek help for your phobia. Trusting you will get some help.

Old 08-15-2016, 04:09 PM

308 posts, read 237,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Honey Badgers. Definitely evil.

I wouldnt say they were evil.Yes they can wreck whole hives in minutes.Theyre frightened of absolutely nothing.Imagine sticking your face in a hive of angry bees.But its not the bees that theyre after killing,they want to grab the honey.So though i wouldnt want to get in a fight with one,i think evil is the wrong word

Old 08-15-2016, 06:23 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Killer whales, also known as orcas. They are smart like dolphins, but will do sadistic things to prey, and captors at Sea World
No. The ones in Sea World have been driven insane by captivity, torture (aka "training" and "performing" and constant exposure to unnatural noises from boats and machinery), and abnormal diet, they are not representative.

And for an action to be "sadistic", you have to have the intellectual capacity to define evil and revel in doing evil. Orcas do not have that ability. The "sadistic" things you think they do to their prey is simply playfulness on their part - they do not have the capacity to define evil and therefore cannot perform evil acts.

"Smart like dolphins" is not the same as "smart like humans".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature