Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:16 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,092,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
It is a valid question, particularly if a person lives in an area where Hanta virus is a danger. I lived for a time in an area of the Southwest that is the Hantavirus capital of the world and it is a very serious problem. We did not even use our garage when mouse feces was discovered in a corner, and my house mates included two wildlife biologists.

HANTAVIRUS is "spread chiefly by wild rodents, that cause acute respiratory illness, kidney failure, other syndromes and death"

Hantavirus Infection - Infections - Merck Manuals Consumer Version
Well; yes. I live in Southern Colorado, not far from the "epi-center" of HV (4 corners area) although I know some counties in CA have been hard-hit as well.

But I would imagine that if the OP was in a well-ventilated area, as the droppings landed on his pants that he is going to be OK.

Increased populations of Deer Mice are the culprit (I didn't glance to see if the OP's location is provided). Here is another link with some info: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdp...oid-hantavirus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 12:04 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,300,500 times
Agree with the other posters that the OP will be fine. Also agree with everyone talking about Hantavirus from inhaling mouse droppings. The job I used to work for in AZ required crawling in crawl spaces, basements and under mobile homes. I always wore a full n95 respirator, everytime, no exceptions, when no one else in the company did. I was in the receiving end of many jokes because of this, but hantavirus is very real in the western U.S so I didn't care. I forget the exact symptoms but IIRC you get flu like symptoms 3-4 weeks after exposure and can possibly die, even if you get medical attention.

I wouldn't be worried about a mouse turd dropping on my pants in a well ventilated area though. Hantavirus usually occurs when sweeping mouse droppings up in an enclosed area. I have heard of hikers and people contracting it from the outdoors though.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:54 AM

274 posts, read 252,577 times
Build a large wood fire at once.

Take off your pants and burn them in the fire.

Saw off your leg about 1 1/2 inches above where the mouse poop struck your pants.

Take a burning log from the fire and hold it to the end of your leg stump until the bleeding stops.

Throw the log and the part of your leg you cut off back in the fire.

I hope these instructions reach you in time. Good luck!

Old 09-27-2016, 08:00 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldjensens View Post
you will be dead by morning.

Then after burial, you will awaken as a weremouse.

You will live a normal life except for a strange compelling attraction to cheese, but every full moon - well just tell your family to lay out lots of sunflower seeds and peanuts and they will be safe.
Too funny!

Old 09-27-2016, 09:58 AM

973 posts, read 914,241 times
You might develop cancer. Check WebMD.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:04 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
You are pretty much a walking corpse at this point. Can I have your stuff?

Old 09-27-2016, 11:10 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,312,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
i did not see it, but there were mouse little poops that feel on me from a box, will i be ok? they just fell on my pants.
As long as you're not snorting them, you'll be fine.

Mice poo can carry Hanta virus but it has to be inhaled.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:29 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,301,578 times
You have probably eaten more than fell on your pants...

Old 09-27-2016, 06:12 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Kopi Luwak coffee…………. Most expensive coffee in the world.

What is Cat Poop Coffee? (aka Kopi Luwak Coffee)

Old 09-27-2016, 06:47 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplugnw View Post
i did not see it, but there were mouse little poops that feel on me from a box, will i be ok? they just fell on my pants.
You will not be OK. You must go to the ER and have your legs amputated immediately. Hopefully it's not too late for you. My prayers are with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature