Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 03:28 PM

205 posts, read 206,078 times

Advertisements

Is war a reality of human nature? Are humans ingrained with DNA that creates war...??? The United States is supposed to be a unique existence in that Americans developed the US Constitution with more than the idea of freedom in mind. America is supposed to be a land where all war ceases...albeit other great countries are working toward this same internal reality, America is regarded as the country that unanimously proclaimed this aspect of Americanism and truly sought efforts to prevent internal (or future civil) conflicts by attempting to assail "grudges" which are often reticent and leftover from previous wars' wins and losses. But today the political and economic landscape of America is changing drastically, even with the defiance of our new president who is working against the decline of American civilization. Some hardline academics are theorizing that post 9/11 America is a new reality--where the damage has been done and the social and political constructs of America prior to 9/11 are slowly unraveling at the seams; and no matter how arduously we defy this and work tirelessly against it, the whole of American stability must unravel fully according to the Laws of Economics and History.
Many salacious media producers have produced works that not only reveal a future invasion and/or destruction of America but they have suggested that they encourage this aspect as a future reality; they almost seem to be praying for it to come. Please do not misinterpret my inquiry into this topic, I am not encouraging the finality of America or discouraging its new (potential) triumph; this is an objective question into the current geopolitical arrangement of actors within the global theater of WAR. Could America be fully invaded by a foreign entity or a collection of foreign entities? Are there domestic foreign countries who want to reclaim lost territories (of the past) and are eyeballing and preparing to reclaim these territories as America is steadily weakening? Is oil a new justification for claiming that America has many debtors and must now enter into repayment or be liquidated? Has America "really" been living at the expense and misery of other countries or is America simply a part of a greater global market where the developed world, in general, has been prospering from other less developed countries' abject misery since 1945 or so? What do you think? What could theoretically happen in the near future if certain elements within America's economy and political realm don't change expeditiously??? Will America have to accept a new role that is essentially second to Russia and Europe and where American leaders will have to answer to the Russian president???
According to media and some government reports America is grossly deficient within its nuclear complex...In fact, I worked around the Nuclear complex of Los Alamos Labs and witnessed first hand some of the out-dated technology, the real decommissioning (plan) of the entire Nuclear complex (not just the fissile material), and witnesses first hand the prior administration's massive budget cuts on the Laboratories around the country but specifically "the brain," that is Los Alamos Laboratories. All of this transpiring, while the other superpowers of the world have been updating and upgrading their nuclear systems (several are state of the art now, in fact)...So, does this infer that a nuclear strike on the American mainland could create the apocalyptic fantasy world that the movie producers so wish to dream into a reality???
GuardarGuardarGuardarGuardarGuardarGuardar

Last edited by Countess Capital; 04-09-2017 at 03:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 02:28 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,065,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Capital View Post
Is war a reality of human nature? Are humans ingrained with DNA that creates war...??? The United States is supposed to be a unique existence in that Americans developed the US Constitution with more than the idea of freedom in mind. America is supposed to be a land where all war ceases...
From whence cometh evil?
From the very heart of man.

The founding documents reinforce the right of the people to rise up and they are granted the right to bare arms for that purpose, theres nothing in the constitution about the guns being for hunting.
America was born in a firestorm and must be protected by firestorm.

The Declaration of Independence was a call to arms, a slap in the teeth to the British monarchy.
It was the only way to get free, so its the only way to remain free.
Appeasing an aggressor is a sign of weakness.
The new President gives an appearance of acting unpredictable , thats a good impression to give to enemies.
Its when your enemy can predict you that they will play you.

America is unique in that they declared our freedom does not come from government, it comes from God.
It specifically says so 4 times in the Declaration of Independence.

BTW, the founders got that document from the writings of John Locke. They were big fans of his philosophy.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:37 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
OP - you make it sound like all war is offensive in nature and aggression or the desire to dominate is the catalyst.

Nothing is defensive and protective? Actually, to me that might be more genetic or inbred as being the basic instinct of self-preservation.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:43 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,763,231 times
Chimpanzees wage war. This is just one article on it but you can find many more on the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

Old 04-11-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
OP - you make it sound like all war is offensive in nature and aggression or the desire to dominate is the catalyst.

Nothing is defensive and protective? Actually, to me that might be more genetic or inbred as being the basic instinct of self-preservation.
Well, I didn't intend for that to be interpreted as "aggressive or offensive;" I study war and I treat it objectively like an observation in physics or chemistry i.e., as an outcome that is derived from a set of interactions, reactions, circumstances, and events (in some ways I theorize that war is its own "entity" but, this is still relatively obscure and I don't want to be a corny war romantic). One of my NOTES was that America (the land and country) as an ideal was intended to practice "forgiveness" and thus as a consequence end any future internal conflict within the physical boundaries of America---thus affirming the "peaceful nation" label that so many Americans like to adhere to...

Old 04-16-2017, 09:52 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
Unlimited capacity of all living things to procreate in the finite environment leads to the world built around mayhem and mutual consumption. In the case of mankind capacity to crave overshadows desire to procreate at this point in time. American identity is built around satiation of cravings, by force if necessary. Cravings and their satiation is the core of Americana, it is postulated that we have infinite capacity to satiate our cravings in the finite environment. This leads to the perpetual war on other life forms and occasionaly a war with this or that non conpliant/competing human faction flares up. For time being we are blinded by the fact that mankind is united as never before in its holy war on other life forms, a global neo colonial system allows more powerful nations a luxury of peaceful pretences since they no longer need to occupy militarily numerous colonies, but it is a temporary state, combined global assault on life supporting planetary systems makes war if not extermination inevitable.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:19 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Certainly an interesting topic, but I think it belongs in the Philosophy forum. Questions about human nature aren't really about "nature" as this forum defines it (IMO), but speculations about the relationships between our psychological/neurological/evolutionary make-up and the cultures we've created.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:48 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,111,535 times
Fear and responding to fear is part of our survival mechanism. What that response is can be determined by how the society is constructed. Fear can be controlled by a mutually helpful environment. Response can be controlled by providing education and means of thoughtful communication, and for regard for the differences and similarities between groups of people.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Certainly an interesting topic, but I think it belongs in the Philosophy forum. Questions about human nature aren't really about "nature" as this forum defines it (IMO), but speculations about the relationships between our psychological/neurological/evolutionary make-up and the cultures we've created.
Clark,
I contend that history is a part of nature whether human or not---history (and war) in a broader sense behaves like a living organism...it cycles---it abounds, kills, feeds itself, interacts then it rescinds to an obscure dormancy and then re-emerges to provide for itself again in a clear life cycle of living and dying which is precipitated by human aspiration...I suppose that the deeper philosophical question could be posed which would categorize this topic in the "philosophical" but the point here is that the commenters unanimously agree that: "YES!!!, War is in human nature" whether genetic or by simple "philosophical" volition...
GuardarGuardar

Old 04-19-2017, 02:25 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess Capital View Post

Is war a reality of human nature? Are humans ingrained with DNA that creates war...??? The United States is supposed to be a unique existence in that Americans developed the US Constitution with more than the idea of freedom in mind. America is supposed to be a land where all war ceases.......
It's human nature to compete for food and territory, just as it is in the nature of all things. Competing for food and territory translates to waging war against all other competitors. So I would say the answer to your question is yes, war is in the DNA.

USA is not a unique existence. When the constitution was written it was at a time and on a continent where there was still plenty of essentially unoccupied fertile territory to explore, exploit and develop. The prospect of having to compete for territory and food was the least of worries in the minds of everyone in USA. So it was easy to say then that America is supposed to be a land where all war ceases because there was no real need to make war on anything or anybody. It was seen as a land of plenty for all comers and that was all that was unique about it.

That has changed now. And the nature to wage war never changed.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature