U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:55 AM

14,364 posts, read 19,743,306 times

Advertisements

pelicans can dive bomb you too and that is so nasty . I have been hit by one and it was so nasty yuck . luckily I got to the bathroom and washed it off quickly . If you outside and you know birds are around yes more than likely you will get pooed on .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 12:06 PM

38,102 posts, read 34,114,636 times
Nasty fishing eating bird poop. Seagulls are the worst.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:11 PM

1,468 posts, read 3,611,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nasty fishing eating bird poop. Seagulls are the worst.
My daughter can't stand seagulls. She has been a target multiple times. Once, when she was 10 or so, she was in her Aunt's convertible and got pooped on. Another time, at around 13, she got hit at the beach. And yet another while pitching a softball game at age 15. Funny thing, she ended up going to college where the mascot was a seagull.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:14 PM

38,102 posts, read 34,114,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
My daughter can't stand seagulls. She has been a target multiple times. Once, when she was 10 or so, she was in her Aunt's convertible and got pooped on. Another time, at around 13, she got hit at the beach. And yet another while pitching a softball game at age 15. Funny thing, she ended up going to college where the mascot was a seagull.
So, it was a omen

Old 06-12-2017, 12:20 PM

6,506 posts, read 8,178,037 times
I live near a state park with a big lake. Geese nest there year round. When I visited one day, they were all away, visiting another part of the family on the other side of the lake, I guess. Well, I didn't realize that all the fecal matter came from geese. It looks just like small canine poop.

Now wet and sloppy bird poop is one thing, it can rinse off easily. But if you get hit by poop from geese in flight, well I think that considering the momentum it gains as it falls, it could seriously cause bruising and ouchees. Could be even worse if you look up to see from whence it came!

As for seagulls, I had one almost take my finger off as he dove for (and grabbed) my ham and cheese on a hard roll. Bastiches!

Old 06-12-2017, 02:30 PM

15,139 posts, read 12,267,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
pelicans can dive bomb you too and that is so nasty . I have been hit by one and it was so nasty yuck . luckily I got to the bathroom and washed it off quickly . If you outside and you know birds are around yes more than likely you will get pooed on .

Geese, seagulls, pigeons, crows or ravens, all are expert bombadiers. Consummate in air to ground attack, from formation even. At least geese are. The rest are better in single attack mode. pelicans are the B 52s of the bird world. Carrying heavy loads that almost assured of hitting the target from shear size of the drop. lol

Old 06-12-2017, 02:34 PM

28,978 posts, read 16,842,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Last I heard, they upped the number to 19. Hopefully, there will be a complete and through investigation. Incidents like this cannot be allowed to continue!
I was there that night in Tomorrowland but I remember seeing geese diving down for food the previous afternoon at the Tomorrowland Terrace. We even told a surveyist about it on our way out for the afternoon and she knew that can be an issue. The next night (the night of the incident,) I got back to the hotel and heard about the "hazmat situation" on the news. I feel bad but sadly there isn't much to be done. The birds will find away to go to areas of water and food. And theme parks have both. I think Fabio broke his nose on a roller coaster with a bird flying into his train. Disney World's equivalent to Disneyland Park (Magic Kingdom Park) has a well known dive-bomb problem. My mother got bombed at Universal (Studios) Orlando by Twister (now the Jimmy Fallon ride) back in the year 2000. I think Disney World and Universal have pigeons though.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:37 PM

8,091 posts, read 6,350,608 times
"Fire at will!"
"That's 'Walt' you idiot!"
"You're goofy."
"No, I'm Daffy"

Old 06-12-2017, 02:43 PM

28,978 posts, read 16,842,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
"Fire at will!"
"That's 'Walt' you idiot!"
"You're goofy."
"No, I'm Daffy"
Donald. It's Donald. Daffy is from WB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wy5wnOzq1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxZ8qtdun0

Old 06-12-2017, 03:09 PM

6,754 posts, read 4,083,232 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenaroundabit View Post
someone actually called the police?
lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature