U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 08:02 AM

15,148 posts, read 12,270,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I watched a video of a coyote jumping a pretty high fence and taking a little dog...

another video of "I shouldn't be alive" where a man had to walk to work b/c his car wouldn't start, it was still dark out and a group of coyotes attacked him....apparently they had young pups with them...that they needed to feed. He lived, but they really hurt him.

I saw that same story about the guy getting attacked. That was crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2019, 10:35 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,309 posts, read 3,473,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
"Never say Never, when discussing what coyotes will do".......
..........In 2009 a 19 yr old, highly respected and well known Canadian singer was hiking the High line Trail in Nova Scotia, Canada in the middle of the day, and was attacked and killed by a pack of coyotes!!!

Old 05-23-2019, 06:29 AM

26,454 posts, read 25,387,434 times
Quote:
yeah it was, scary....actually....they say they are smart critters.....

all the more reason for humans NOT to put out food....it draws them in....animals will go where ever humans leave food out, even sharks....

humans are so freakin stupid.....

There was a woman who lived in the Poconos...many years ago, and she was feeding a bear....
The wack job has a toddler sitting on the floor and she opened the sliding glass door and allowed the bear to come in....

they had to shoot the bear, he def associated people with food, which is a very dangerous thing to do.

So the same thing with sharks...they are bringing them in for people who want to dive with them, crazy people? so they chum and the sharks are learning....and stay closer to shore now....I mean they've always been there, but, now there are more who come in closer....

did you see the one where the bear attacked the man, and kept coming back....Good lord.

Old 05-23-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
..........In 2009 a 19 yr old, highly respected and well known Canadian singer was hiking the High line Trail in Nova Scotia, Canada in the middle of the day, and was attacked and killed by a pack of coyotes!!!
yes, I've read (and I don't know if this is true) but they say they will send out one, a sort of bait coyote, to lure domesticated dogs back, and the pack is waiting for them, so the coyote appears to be playing with the dog, and it lures the dog further and further away to where the pack is waiting.????

Old 05-23-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

When yotes pack up heavy they become different critters. I've only seen this once here. They were hanging around the horse ranch my Dad and I were working on and had killed four new foals. Dad declared war and killed a couple with a 22 but they got smart quick and started staying out of range.

Sending in a scout who would hang out way out and watch us. When we would leave he'd call the pack. So Dad brought out his 30 06. I've never seen since a shot that mortal man could make with a rifle match this. He nailed the scout on the move dead behind the shoulder and I paced it off at 500 yards.

They quit hanging around after that. No more problems. Attacks on humans all seem to be happening back east. There's been a lot of hybriding with wolves back there from what I hear. That's scary.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
When yotes pack up heavy they become different critters. I've only seen this once here. They were hanging around the horse ranch my Dad and I were working on and had killed four new foals. Dad declared war and killed a couple with a 22 but they got smart quick and started staying out of range.

Sending in a scout who would hang out way out and watch us. When we would leave he'd call the pack. So Dad brought out his 30 06. I've never seen since a shot that mortal man could make with a rifle match this. He nailed the scout on the move dead behind the shoulder and I paced it off at 500 yards.

They quit hanging around after that. No more problems. Attacks on humans all seem to be happening back east. There's been a lot of hybriding with wolves back there from what I hear. That's scary.
yes, and we call them koy-dogs .....they are bigger then coyotes.....
if someone knows a better way to spell the Pronunciation , please do help

https://puppytoob.com/coydog/

Old 05-24-2019, 08:53 PM

3,473 posts, read 3,450,908 times
Exclamation Coy-Wolf are considered an invasive species in new england

Quote:
Here in the Northeast we have the Eastern Coyote, aka "coywolf", they're generally larger than out west, but some states here still limit hunting them to .22LR.

In New Hampshire, we generally use bigger rounds, though with .22LR you're exempt from the magazine limit and can go full auto.

Quote:
Various genetic surveys on Eastern coyotes, have found these newly arrived coyote hybrids are western coyote, eastern wolf, gray wolf, and a touch of domestic dog:

Old 05-25-2019, 06:54 AM

9,462 posts, read 11,452,509 times
Quote:
I watched a video of a coyote jumping a pretty high fence and taking a little dog...

another video of "I shouldn't be alive" where a man had to walk to work b/c his car wouldn't start, it was still dark out and a group of coyotes attacked him....apparently they had young pups with them...that they needed to feed. He lived, but they really hurt him.
I think they do jump the fences pretty high. Had heard of that in Arizona.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:

Coydog. We have those here but it's cross with domestic dog not wolf. I would think coy wolf would be what you have back East. I had a coy dog for a long time . There's a really good pic on my profile. He was a serious customer. He answered to nobody but me and I never had to worry about my truck getting messed with. Lol

Old 05-25-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Coydog. We have those here but it's cross with domestic dog not wolf. I would think coy wolf would be what you have back East. I had a coy dog for a long time . There's a really good pic on my profile. He was a serious customer. He answered to nobody but me and I never had to worry about my truck getting messed with. Lol
I'm sorry, I didn't mean they are crosses with wolves, but coyotes...coydogs.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or