Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 11:14 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamPittsburgh View Post
Hello everyone. I was driving with my friend today who was driving erratically. It was all fun and games until I saw a squirrel getting ready to cross the road. I said no please wait there is a squirrel, he swerved on purpose to hit it and now I feel soo completely horrible that he died.

I feel like that I should have had him slow his driving down before hand before we were laughing at him driving like a madman. I feel if I wouldn't have laughed and egged him on to drive like a nut case he wouldn't have hit it.

Call me crazy but I'm an absolute animal lover and I'm over compassionate sometimes.

I messaged him to tell him how upset I was about him intentionally hitting it, but he said for him that's like killing a fly or a rat...??

I just don't get how a human wouldn't bat an eye to kill something. I wont even kill bugs in my house if I don't have to, I put them outside.

Sorry guy I am very upset over the death of this squirrel. I at least went back to where he was hit and moved him into the side of the road.
Sick bstard, run bambi run! don't message that perv, put distance between you.

I'm okay with hunting and eating squirrel and trapping them when they do damage but intentionally running them over is SICK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 11:23 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I saw a squirrel getting ready to cross the road. I said no please wait there is a squirrel, he swerved on purpose to hit it
I'm having a hard time believing this narrative.

"Please wait, there is a squirrel" Laying it on a little too thick imo, try a softer touch next time.

If he's driving at a slowish speed there is no way you're going to "swerve" and hit a squirrel, they're not turtles.

If he was going about 60mph that's around 90 feet per second and it would take a couple seconds for you to spot the squirrel, deliver your plea for mercy and for the guy to react to it and so forth.

That would mean you spotted that squirrel "getting ready to cross the road" assuming 3 seconds time...at about the length of a football field.

You could sell it better if you just say your friend intentionally swerved but your version is "sexier" in the storyteller category.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I'm having a hard time believing this narrative.
lol

QUOTE=DreamPittsburgh;50167332]I I don't know why, I'm a grown ass man..lol...I just can't help but think of his life and if he had a family.[/quote]

Old 11-20-2017, 01:48 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,369,571 times
I think I'd be looking to spend a bit less time in this person's company

Old 11-20-2017, 02:40 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
OP, Are you a strict vegan ?
Do you really not see the difference between chasing something down , kill it and enjoy the fact that you killed it and being a meat eater?

Old 11-20-2017, 03:14 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
mmmm. I think I'm a bit inured to this sort of thing. Growing up the neighboring ranches to us used to recruit us kids to clean up jack rabbit and other varmint issues on their spreads. I can remember a couple buddies and I cleaning up pretty good with our 22 rifles.

This wasn't "hunting" in the literal sense. There was no intention of eating anything we shot. Minus an occasional pheasant or other such tasty. Jack rabbits, gophers, and a couple other destructive types we had our letters of marque for.

That's life on a ranch. Adolescent boys (and sometimes girls) with 22s are the pest control service. Squirrels were on the target list too. They dig tunnels in the irrigation ditches and cave them in. Badgers are much worse for this.

Old 11-20-2017, 03:58 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Do you really not see the difference between chasing something down , kill it and enjoy the fact that you killed it and being a meat eater?
Better reread his first post. He didn't chase it down, kill it or enjoy it..

Someone else did, just as someone else kills the food we buy.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:01 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Hello everyone. I was driving with my friend today who was driving erratically. It was all fun and games until I saw a squirrel getting ready to cross the road. I said no please wait there is a squirrel, he swerved on purpose to hit it and now I feel soo completely horrible that he died.

I feel like that I should have had him slow his driving down before hand before we were laughing at him driving like a madman. I feel if I wouldn't have laughed and egged him on to drive like a nut case he wouldn't have hit it.

Call me crazy but I'm an absolute animal lover and I'm over compassionate sometimes.

I messaged him to tell him how upset I was about him intentionally hitting it, but he said for him that's like killing a fly or a rat...??

I just don't get how a human wouldn't bat an eye to kill something. I wont even kill bugs in my house if I don't have to, I put them outside.

Sorry guy I am very upset over the death of this squirrel. I at least went back to where he was hit and moved him into the side of the road.
I understand what you're saying. The chances are good it mighta been a momma squirrel gathering food for it's babies. The momma squirell wont be back and her babies will die of starvation if they don't get eaten by a predator first.

For all anybody knows, that squirel might have had the soul of that abusive man's deceased loved one occupying it's body. It mighta been his favorite uncle he ran over and killed. It could be that abusive man was being tested, by his uncle, to decide whether or not to kick his abusive nephew out of the family circle.

I don't like to kill bugs either. I do believe every living thing has a soul, whether it's humans, animals, fish, insects, trees and flowers. For that guy not to care about animals, And does not respect them as living beings, that shows alot about his character and the type of person he is.

Be thankful you were blessed to see this side of him before you invest any more time and energy in him.

I do believe anybody who would needlessly abuse an animal, would also abuse a child.

He'll get what's coming his way at some point in his future. Karma is a very real thing.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 11-20-2017 at 04:13 PM..

Old 11-20-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I understand what you're saying. The chances are good it mighta been a momma squirrel gathering food for it's babies. The momma squirell wont be back and her babies will die of starvation if they don't get eaten by a predator first.

For all anybody knows, that squirel might have had the soul of that abusive man's deceased loved one occupying it's body. It mighta been his favorite uncle he ran over and killed. It could be that abusive man was being tested.

This just keeps getting better & better !!

Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
For all anybody knows, that squirel might have had the soul of that abusive man's deceased loved one occupying it's body. It mighta been his favorite uncle he ran over and killed. It could be that abusive man was being tested.

Maybe instead of a favorite uncle's soul it was an abusive uncle.
The friend recognized his uncle and swerved just in time to make a road waffle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature