Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:25 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccernerd View Post
Probably approaching an INJURED bear is worse than approaching a healthy bear.
He probably wouldn't have dared to approach the bear if it wasn't hurt. He thought this was his opportunity to take advantage of the bear's injury thinking it wouldn't be able to defend itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 08:33 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,051,409 times
It's the disneyfication of nature. All the cute cuddly animals are our friends, dontcha know?

Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
if only someone would have had a tricycle to push toward the bear, it would probably have just climbed on and pedaled away

Old 05-08-2018, 09:05 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Wow, a lot of internet heroes say they would confront the bear...

Old 05-08-2018, 09:41 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Wow, a lot of internet heroes say they would confront the bear...
That's easy to do when they're sitting safe behind a keyboard. And then criticize the onlookers for not risking their own lives by poking the bear with branches or driving into it with an SUV.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:53 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I just can't believe that no one tried to help him. They were near a forest and could have gotten branches and trunks to beat that bear off. Instead, all they did was stand around yelling. At least the dog tried to help.
Sorry
no I am not going to try and help some one who was stupid enough to get tangled up with a bear. trying to take a "selfie". of all the narcissitic, idiotic things. Basically a dumb idea found a friend and unfortuantely ended badly.

I mourn for the loss of life but I can't understand the need stupid people have when it comes to wildlife. Goes for the story about the guy that recently got mauled by a tiger.

Here's a tip, how about we leave wild animals alone.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:57 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
That dog was the only one with the courage to do the right thing. Man's best friend.
lol, "Do the right thing"?? are you kidding me. The right thing would have been to leave the bear alone.
Yes I will call 9-1-1. Yes I will try to call park rangers. Yes, I will scream, holler, jump up and down to get the bear to leave.

NO I AM NOT RISKING MY lIFE, because some one is a jackass and does a stupid stunt.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:22 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
That man was as stupid as the woman in the national park, that put honey on a toddlers hand so she could get a picture of a grizzle bear licking the honey off her daughters hand. Bear just took her hand off, and got all the honey. Mother complained that they should not have Bears in national park, that were not trained to be gentle and would not do something like this.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:37 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,068,392 times
Oh goody. Now there's an open seat for someone else who wants to play duck, duck, goose.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:49 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I just can't believe that no one tried to help him. They were near a forest and could have gotten branches and trunks to beat that bear off. Instead, all they did was stand around yelling. At least the dog tried to help.
gouli9gann please note how much help the dog was able to give the man.

There is an old saying, never prod a sleeping bear. Even more so for a wounded bear. The bear would have been an angry bear due to it's injury. An angry bear is not something that any intelligent man would want to get anywhere near. Bears are not cute and playful creatures.

People that hunted up sticks and tried to beat the bear off, would just have made the bear angry, and there would be a few more people killed. gouli9gann shows he/she is not one that has spent a lot of time in the wooded areas, and understands bears. People that understand bears, know that start prodding and hitting a bear with sticks would not drive a bear away. It would just make a bear even more angry, and put them in a fight mood, and the bear would have attacked anyone that was involved in hitting them.

Ever seen a bull fight. The Matador keeps making a bull angry, sticking things into the bull to hurt and anger them, and the bull goes into attack mood, and keeps repeatedly attacking the Matador time and time again, and each time is injured one more time, which makes the bull angry and attacks the Matador again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature