Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 04:28 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Every time someone mentions a creator, I think about periods, menopause, and men, and wonder how any loving god could create such evil things.

I mean, of all the ways to propagate the species, this was the best they could come up with?
There really is something to be said about Body Snatchers and being born from pods.

And while I like men, they're on this list because of how ignorant some of them can be about both periods and menopause. "You can't bleed when you want?" "Women should embrace periods!" "Women after menopause are useless." Bless their little pointed heads.

Personally, I don't know why we have menopause but I'll be honest. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and wish it had come along when I was in my twenties. Or even sooner.

No kidding!!! My first thought with the menopause question was... why do women have to have periods every month from such a young age and lasting for decades in the first place??? All that to have a few children, if any?

Regarding menopause: I went through premature menopause (ovarian failure) when I was 23 right after I had my only child. Well, that opened up a whole other set of problems. After consulting with three doctors (and after the required bloodwork) I was told I was way too young to not take estrogen. I agreed with this.

But wait... since I had to take estrogen I also had to take progestin because I had to shed the lining of the uterus... you know, the lining created by the estrogen pills. I referred to my periods as my man-made periods.

After about ten years of the ups and downs in trying to get a good balance of the hormones I asked my doctor if she would please remove my uterus. My thought was if I had no uterus I wouldn't need to take the progestin which I hated. I had no problems with taking the estrogen. She said no, because she cannot remove a healthy organ. Yes, I had an ethical doctor. She did agree, however, to let me take the progestin every three months vs. every one month.

Fast forward 30 years; I got uterine cancer anyway, even though I followed all the rules and had yearly check-ups. I was told that there is no way of knowing if my decades of hormone replacement therapy attributed to the cancer. I accepted the fact that it really didn't matter; what's done is done.

At that point everything was removed (full/total hysterectomy including 13 lymph nodes in the area). I was lucky that the cancer had not spread, that it was contained to the uterus. To hear my surgeon tell me that I was surgically cured was so great. I never had to do chemo or radiation. That was eight years ago. All is well. After the surgery I had to be taken off the estrogen. Minor adjustments, no big deal.

WOW! Sorry about that. I was only going to say that first paragraph I wrote. Haha! I did not come here to tell that long story. But hey, that's my story.

Last edited by geebabe; 06-27-2019 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 05:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Ever since I watched All in the Family. .I've called it mental pause. And since I'm still riding the mental pause wave ..I kind of relate to all the "vapahs" and energy depletion.(and yes I get forgetful)

yes I am pleased that the monthly is gone. It took the drive right along with it

Old 06-27-2019, 05:59 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Why menopause? Because after all of the years of monthly mood swings, it's time to allow husbands some relief. (Must save and close before wife comes and reads this):-)
Ha! think again buddy. Nice try, but...

https://www.bodylogicmd.com/for-wome...pause-symptoms

Quote:
Only a FEW of the 34 symptoms:
Irregular periods.
Vaginal dryness.
Hot flashes.
Chills.
Night sweats.
Sleep problems.
Mood changes.
Weight gain and slowed metabolism.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:02 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
My opinion is, it's quite simple. Diet is the answer, and since ACV with added water can help with that it's not magic, just weird for many who rely on their doctor, who has no remedy even tho one exists AND was a favorite "cure-all of Hippocrates" I wonder how is it a favorite of the father of medicine but the docs are clueless ?

You'll have to answer that, not me.

AVC=apple-cider-vinegar, and don't forget the water !

Apple cider vinegar cures menopause? Or brings it on?

I have officially had my laugh of the day.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:06 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Every time someone mentions a creator, I think about periods, menopause, and men, and wonder how any loving god could create such evil things.

I mean, of all the ways to propagate the species, this was the best they could come up with? There really is something to be said about Body Snatchers and being born from pods.

And while I like men, they're on this list because of how ignorant some of them can be about both periods and menopause. "You can't bleed when you want?" "Women should embrace periods!" "Women after menopause are useless." Bless their little pointed heads.

Personally, I don't know why we have menopause but I'll be honest. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and wish it had come along when I was in my twenties. Or even sooner.
I wish I could say the same. I've gone through hot flash hell since I was 48, and still get them at 61, 1 or 2 times/night and sometimes during the day. The fan beside my bed gets a good workout every night and of course since I'm wide awake, I have to pee.

I've often said I'd take my periods back gladly if I didn't have to suffer through these insane hot flashes.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:10 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Ha! think again buddy. Nice try, but...

https://www.bodylogicmd.com/for-wome...pause-symptoms
^^^^^ Virtual rep!

Yep, the long sad list of meno symptoms are way worse than my periods ever were. And I never had pms, except a few tears. At least periods only lasted 5-7 days. The lack of hormones is a constant, blech!

Old 06-27-2019, 06:15 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
apple cider vinegar cures menopause? Or brings it on?

I have officially had my laugh of the day.
+1.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:55 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
I wish I could say the same. I've gone through hot flash hell since I was 48, and still get them at 61, 1 or 2 times/night and sometimes during the day. The fan beside my bed gets a good workout every night and of course since I'm wide awake, I have to pee.

I've often said I'd take my periods back gladly if I didn't have to suffer through these insane hot flashes.
Not me...it was my periods that were hell and menopause was a cakewalk compared to those...I had to wait until I was 56 tho and then everything just stopped. Not complaining. I helped things along with an extended fast. Hot flashes are what I call “the warmies” and that was about my only issue. Lest y’all get jealous tho I should tell you that having my body bathed in estrogen all those years probably contributed to a case of estrogen sensitive breast cancer 5 years ago.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:42 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
I mean, I get biologically why they do, but in the animal kingdom, the concept of Menopause is only known in humans, short-finned pilot whales, and killer whales. So really, Menopause is extremely rare among species, why do you think evolution has dictated human women (and the aforementioned) go through it?

Actually, the equivalent is seen in many species. In Nature, life is hazardous, so not many individuals live long enough for their reproductive functions to cease. But the females of many types of animals and birds that are in captivity or lead protected lives, will stop reproducing when they become older and the hormones that supported that function will no longer be produced.

Chickens are a good example with which we are familiar. If a hen gets to be 8 to 10 years old, and her reproductive hormones have stopped, she may sprout colored feathers like a rooster, start crowing and even court other hens and try to mate with them. The reference to this is myself, as I've observed this among my own chickens a couple of times. Their female hormones suppressed those male characteristics, during the earlier part of those hens' lives.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:55 AM

233 posts, read 155,195 times
Default Acv

Quote:
Yes, Wait. What? What are you saying here? That AVC + water stops Menopause? bahahhha

Of course you laughed....when was the last time you had some ACV for anything ?

Never ! right ?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature