Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: World's Most Favorite/Favourite Animal?
Dolphin 4 5.97%
Birds 5 7.46%
Pony 0 0%
Rabbit 1 1.49%
Spider 0 0%
Wolf 3 4.48%
Lion 1 1.49%
Tiger 2 2.99%
White Tiger 0 0%
Liger 0 0%
Tigon 0 0%
Panda 1 1.49%
Snake 0 0%
Shark 0 0%
Bear 1 1.49%
Fish 0 0%
Horse 2 2.99%
Cat 15 22.39%
Dog 32 47.76%
Cow/Bull 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2019, 08:42 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
That's a Color that's in ALL horses including Quarter Horse!

You don't seem to Know horses at all sheesh
I beg your pardon but I have NO clue what you're on about. I didnt say anything about color though my favorite is a bay followed closely by sorrel.

All I referred to about the ops pic is the horses build is to light for my personal taste. Pretty yes, but ill suited to the jobs my horses have. And I believe my horse sense is probably better than average. I grew up with horses, riding, grooming, caring for their feet and doing a lot of our own vet work.

So that adds up to crowding the hell out of 50 years of close association with equine critters. So what's your claim to fame that gives you the right to tell me I dont know what I'm talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What?

Maybe you misread NVplumber's post and that caused your knee-jerk reaction???

NVplumber never said a single thing about the colour of that horse. He said that horse was a bit too spindly and skinny for his liking and that he preferred a stout quarterhorse. I agree with him, he's right that it looks far too skinny and spindly, rather weak and sickly. A stouter and more muscled horse would look much healthier and stronger - regardless of its colour.

Certainly it's a beautiful champagne colour and its coat is glossy but the poor thing looks positively anorexic, fragile and like it's dying from starvation. Looks like it's so weak if you looked at it the wrong way and blew a puff of air on it then it might topple over and shatter into pieces like broken glass.

I do like that gorgeous champagne colour though.

Thanks for this and plus one for reading comprehension. LOL...yea that critter would last 5 minutes on round up and branding. If it were mine I'd be throwing some good groceries at it being careful not to founder and maybe start riding it after about six months and 200 pounds.

Then it might make a good youth mount for some junior rodeo games or Jimcana. Given disposition is a fit for kids.

Yep. I have to say horses are my personal favorite animal. I've had so many I've been buddies up with over time and loved them all with all my heart and soul. Been in situations that would curl your toes where my horse had my back and always came out alive. That counts for a lot.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:18 AM

224 posts, read 376,664 times
I would have voted for the pig, if it had been included in the list of choices. Pigs are smart, loyal, personable, and of course delicious!

Old 12-24-2019, 02:23 PM

163 posts, read 137,695 times
Dogs are winning by a landslide.

Old 12-24-2019, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SW Ohio View Post
I would have voted for the pig, if it had been included in the list of choices. Pigs are smart, loyal, personable, and of course delicious!
All humor (which I find quite funny btw) you're quite right. I've only ever raised pigs as a meat animal but I've found that I have to give them names like Bacon or Pork Chop to help me from becoming attached and winding up with a 600 pound animal because I couldnt bring myself to call the killer.

Pigs are far from dumb and contrary to popular belief are meticulously clean. The only reason a pig will get dirty and live in filth is because ignorant and cruel people force them to.

Yes they like to roll in mud in Summertime but that is just a way to keep cool and coat themselves to keep the intense sun off.

I always provided my hog ( never raised more than one at a time) with good shade and a fresh pool to wallow. They always did their bodily business in a certain place and I kept that area cleaned up.

Never fed them slops either. They got good quality pelleted feed and when my fruit trees started dropping I would feed them that too. Apples and pears mostly. My horses, especially my pride and joy bay mare, loved them green apples too.

Regardless of my efforts to keep from developing attachment with the pig I still felt guilty come butcher time. Pigs are surprisingly good at getting you to like them if you treat them right.

Not exactly a practical pet given their propensity to grow to very large proportions though. But even at that size I've seen pigs that had the disposition of a friendly family dog. You're one of few people I've encountered who has shown the knowing as to what kind of animal pigs actually are. Thumbs up pard.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
So the tiger is "the world's" favorite? That's surprising.

I prefer birds but I admit they are not as "cuddly" as a dog or cat. However, my Banty hen would cuddle with us all the time, sit on laps, shoulder or chest.

I'm a horse person, but they are not too cuddly either. I did sit down with a colt of mine once, he put his head in my lap and I'll never forget that.

Old 12-24-2019, 06:14 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,072 times
The 'Trash-Panda'.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:48 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
i think cows are magical....they turn grass into steak..

but my favorite animal ...you have to go with the dog..... we neuter and spay them and they still love us......we try to make them HOW we want them ….and they still love us..
from companionship to service dogs.....to saving thousands from fires to other hazards......dogs are amazing

Old 12-25-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
The 'Trash-Panda'.
LOL otherwise known as the raccoon, coon, ol' ringy, and a few others.

MaineBrokerMan, I agree with you bout cattle. Having spent much of my life with them , mainly from the back of a horse, I've come to think they look their best medium rare next to a baked spud and pile of ranch style beans.

Old 12-25-2019, 06:56 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
I pretty much love all animals in different ways. As a pet, I prefer the cat the most as it always smells good, doesn't make clicking noises while walking on hardwood floors, and can go to the bathroom in a litter pan and doesn't require being taken outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature