U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2021, 01:19 AM

29,108 posts, read 50,744,500 times

Advertisements

Lady said,

"I took this video at my son's house in Hugo, Minnesota. My son was going to get his mail and I noticed the deer approaching him, so I quickly grabbed my phone and started to record. I couldn’t believe it when she saw me and came right over to me, I’m sure to see if I had any food. Shortly after, my son’s girlfriend pulled up in her car and you can see from her reaction how amazed we all were. The doe quickly stuck her head into the car and started to munch on some french fries. Cars passing and neighbors quickly took notice of this crazy and awesome experience."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouno6P9wRJA
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 01:22 AM

32,656 posts, read 34,053,119 times
I suspect she was already used to being around people, probably being fed by them.

Old 05-10-2021, 12:02 PM

6,253 posts, read 12,081,723 times
It won't be cute if she hurts someone, is hit by a car, is fed something that will kill her, or someone's dog attacks her. This isn't awesome for the deer.

Old 05-10-2021, 12:09 PM

58 posts, read 11,883 times
Awhile that's an adorable video, it's not really safe for the deer to be that comfortable around people or around populated areas. Could get hit by a car or (un)intentionally poisoned by someone.

Old 05-10-2021, 12:21 PM

83 posts, read 14,102 times
Well, that's nice ```

Old 05-10-2021, 01:46 PM

26,812 posts, read 35,972,530 times
So, there is another deer who will end up dead because some people can't leave nature to nature.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:06 AM

5,374 posts, read 926,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
It won't be cute if she hurts someone, is hit by a car, is fed something that will kill her, or someone's dog attacks her. This isn't awesome for the deer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
Awhile that's an adorable video, it's not really safe for the deer to be that comfortable around people or around populated areas. Could get hit by a car or (un)intentionally poisoned by someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
So, there is another deer who will end up dead because some people can't leave nature to nature.

Quote:
Adorable Deer Sure is Friendly

This isn't a disney movie. This deer will likely be killed for being too close to people. It will be considered a nuisance animal.

Old 05-11-2021, 05:18 AM

149 posts, read 28,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
While that deer's comfort around people is certainly unusual, deer are quite adapted to urban areas. There they find plenty to eat with little hunting pressure. And roads are a common feature in deer environments. The estimated number of deer-vehicle collisions annually in the United States is well over a million. I've hit three of them.

At any rate, that deer's behavior is not conducive to its survival.

Old 05-11-2021, 11:16 AM

565 posts, read 166,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post

i agree, feeding wild animals is never a good idea. I blame Disney (Awww,'innit it cute?)

Old 05-11-2021, 11:26 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,452,229 times
Eh that deer doesn't have much hope in any case- either it will stay wild and be shot by hunters, stay wild and be hit by a car, stay wild and be mauled by the local predator, or be friendly with people and get free meals, then get shot/hit/eaten just the same

Deer have tough lives!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature