Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2023, 08:06 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

Some of you have some interesting choices for what you want to be extinct. Yes, I also say:

Komodo Dragons
Mosquitoes
Ticks
Fleas
Botflies
Tsetse flies
Parasites
Cockroaches
Slugs
Leeches
Locusts
Vicious, untamed pit bulls that wreck havoc / bred to kill
Poison Dart Frogs
Stonefish
Blue-Ringed Octopus
Cone Snails
Hyenas
Wild Dogs
Ants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2023, 01:02 PM

32,632 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Its a good thing that the general public doesn't get to vote about which species to wipe out of existence.

Old 07-23-2023, 01:45 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I guess few people know mosquitoes are primarily pollinators. Male mosquitoes don't bite at all and females bite because they need some protein so they can produce offspring.
I realize that's little comfort for someone who has malaria or is swarmed by them when going outside.
You're right. That's little comfort.

Mosquitoes are evil.

Old 07-23-2023, 03:08 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Its a good thing that the general public doesn't get to vote about which species to wipe out of existence.

Old 07-23-2023, 03:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Disease-causing mosquitos (the others are OK)

Lionfish (horribly invasive and taking over habitats)

Old 07-23-2023, 04:32 PM

708 posts, read 1,295,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
(I figured this is the best section to start this thread.)

I'm seeing about more human deaths caused by alligators & bears. If it was up to you, which animals would be totally extinct? Now I like animals as much as the next person, but the ones who can always easily kill humans are another story & I wouldn't careif they were gone from this earth. & notice that they'll quickly kill an animal if it's killed a person. It's like an animal's life is more valued than a human's because we'd face consequences by law for harming/killing animals. If it were up to me, there would be no more of these animals on earth:

alligators
crocodiles
highly venemous snakes
highly venemous spiders

Now I won't say sharks because their home is the ocean & people don't really have to surf, etc., but of course you can't tell certain people that. But, it's personally fine w/ me to add sharks on the list too.

Now I know, technically people will say many things against it such as:

- the reason bears, cougrs, & maybe some alligators come into residential areas is because we're doing construction & their habitat is dwindling.

- well not all humans are more valuable than animals. What about all the prisoners who are murderers, rapists, etc. who contribute nothing to society?

- how scientists may be doing research on certain animals that may one day cure diseases/save us

Well, I'm not going to think about that. Certain animals just do no good. They just cause turmoil. & a human life should be more valuable than any animal's.

This is just meant to be interesting discussion, not to argue w/ anyone.

Humans kill more species than other animals, therefore humans should go extinct

Old 07-23-2023, 04:54 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
Humans kill more species than other animals, therefore humans should go extinct
Every animal goes extinct for one reason or another or evolves into something different. Humans will be no different. It's just a matter of time.

Old 07-23-2023, 06:26 PM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Every animal goes extinct for one reason or another or evolves into something different. Humans will be no different. It's just a matter of time.
In a few decades or centuries, humans will evolve into cyborgs anyway, part human part machine. It's inevitable and it's the only way we can survive the coming A.I. Skynet takeover.

Old 07-23-2023, 11:46 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
I have not read the thread. I would go for cockroaches and then anything poisonous (poisonous snakes, scorpions, etc.).

Old 07-24-2023, 02:56 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
oh, and rats. Roaches and rats. Big Chicago size rats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature