Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,854,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
When I was in about 4th grade, my mom got me a microscope. We caught fleas off the cat & looked at them under the scope!

That's a good way to identify what you have... Lots of close up pics online... Maybe even a magnifying glass would help you...?

Google Image Result for http://www.pestcontrolrx.com/.a/6a00e5527221258833010536f65749970c-800wi

Kate
The animals have been front-lined. I think the dog is the only one who could of had them in the first place- as he is the only one who goes outdoors but the groomer dipped him (she said she didn't see one flea on him either) he was front-lined to some days after- since they said to wait a few days before front-lining him. I don't know what the h*** to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 06:49 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,528,342 times
Is there an animal living under your house that could be the source?

Kate

Old 10-07-2009, 12:31 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,854,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
Is there an animal living under your house that could be the source?

Kate

I don't think so.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:35 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,528,342 times
Autumn, do they look like fleas: I mean - have you taken a super close look? Could your bugs be crickets?

Baby crickets look really wierd & super tiny at first. They hop & scatter. When I had lizards, I fed them crickets. It took me about a year to realize the crickets were reproducing in the enclosure. I thought they were wierd mites that I had to clean out.

Kate

Old 10-17-2009, 09:25 AM

43 posts, read 128,562 times
You could always show a picture of it here and people may find out what it is or go to wikipedia and try to find it

Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 AM

1 posts, read 22,628 times
I have the same thing. Their not fleas, you can easily crush them, with fleas that doesn't happen. They don't bite and areresistent to all sort of insecticides, and I've bombarded them with everything. With a lot of googling I think they are small springtails. Unfortunately there's no pesticide to kill the. So, clean all rotting leaves and check for moist places, like crawlsapces. Keep everything clean and dry (easier to say than to do, I know). Anyway, I'm trying to keep my crawlspace dry and start to pickup the mown lawn chips, instead of leaving them spread over the lawn.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 22,496 times
Default Same thing here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I don't think so.
I think I have the same bugs in my kitchen! Never seen them before a couple of weeks ago. Looks like a flea, but doesn't hop, just crawls slowly. At first they were showing up dead on the window sill. I thought it was last years exterminator's work that was blocking them, but now the bugs have started crawling inward. They got into all of the food in the pantry and are working their way onto the counter tops! As soon as I clean them up they reappear out of nowhere! They are driving me crazy! Husband is calling exterminator tommorow. Hope it works!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:56 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,368,376 times
Are these stupid annoying things, small as a flea, or longer in body length, i get these things around the kitchen and i am in California, they come in thru the window, does not matter how many we kill, i look around and see more, they make me literally crazy. But they area bit longer then a flea. We have our own powerhouse to kill bugs, ants, etc, powerful stuff you just can't get any more, these things just seem inmune to it, i have no idea what they are, but annoying as hek. They also seem to like the light, and that also makes me nuts. I freaking hate bugs. Hope you figre out what hey are and soon!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,723,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April2010 View Post
They got into all of the food in the pantry and are working their way onto the counter tops!
See if any of these look like your pest: Home stored product entomology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had flour beetles in my pantry recently...I store my regular flour in a giant, airtight bin, but I had a bag of cornmeal and one of whole wheat flour that I bought at Thanksgiving and didn't use up. Both were full of bugs...I'm not sure which was the original source.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 21,983 times
Default I know what they are!

These are called Springtails! I have them in my kitchen too, but am just trying to figure out how to get rid of them.

[url=http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2004/05/10/flea-like-bugs-that-jump-but-are-not-fleas/]“flea like bugs that jump but are not fleas” | What's That Bug?[/url]

I know this was posted a while ago, but hope it helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature