U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
HDL HDL started this thread
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,176 posts, read 6,196,008 times
Reputation: 8371

Advertisements

Is it just ME or are the NEW THREADS getting a wee bit...ummm?...well...let's just say... what are some of these folks "THINKING, DRINKING, SMOKING or TOKING?"

Happy Mothers' Day

Last edited by HDL; 05-13-2007 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Don't hate ME when I'm RIGHT!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
 
Location: a primitive state
10,213 posts, read 20,987,197 times
Reputation: 13424
I think it's YOU!

What do you want to know about fire ants? I'm in the process of inventing a new weapon against them. Problem is that it's a bit large and unwieldy. I was scared to tell my roomie, the entomologist, for fear she'd steal my idea. But now I don't know how to test and develop it. Should I go into a new line of work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 03:38 PM
HDL HDL started this thread
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,176 posts, read 6,196,008 times
Reputation: 8371
Cool You know we're friends and all and for that reason I didn't want to bring this up

But I think you might fall into the category of TOKING

You know you lied to me about fire ants in TN and here's my proof sista :
//www.city-data.com/forum/knoxv...maryville.html

Please stick to what you know and leave BUGS to the REAL 'PEST' PEOPLE !




Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I think it's YOU!

What do you want to know about fire ants? I'm in the process of inventing a new weapon against them. Problem is that it's a bit large and unwieldy. I was scared to tell my roomie, the entomologist, for fear she'd steal my idea. But now I don't know how to test and develop it. Should I go into a new line of work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
 
Location: a primitive state
10,213 posts, read 20,987,197 times
Reputation: 13424
I didn't lie to you. I simply said that the farther north you go, the fewer fire ants there are. By the time you get to Alaska, there might not be any, unless Rance brings some back with him.

Besides, almost anything might be my business, especially when it comes to developing the anti-ant device. And when I make my bazillions, I'm gonna drive by your house and honk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 PM
HDL HDL started this thread
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,176 posts, read 6,196,008 times
Reputation: 8371
Default Well 'gazillions' are way more than 'bazillions' so...

get on your bicycle and ride on by little girlie girl !!!

p.s.

I hate to brag, but she made me !

p.s.s.
Nah, nah, nah - I've got 3 rep pts and you only have 2!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I didn't lie to you. I simply said that the farther north you go, the fewer fire ants there are. By the time you get to Alaska, there might not be any, unless Rance brings some back with him.

Besides, almost anything might be my business, especially when it comes to developing the anti-ant device. And when I make my bazillions, I'm gonna drive by your house and honk.

Last edited by HDL; 05-13-2007 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: One upmanship :-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,194 posts, read 25,356,104 times
Reputation: 3870
I had a grasshopper epidemic last summer.

I hired two swans, one duck and Bo-peep to come over. After a few hours the two swans were exhausted, Bo-peep needed endless bottles of water and had to rest, but the duck kept eating the grasshoppers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 06:03 PM
 
Location: NE Florida
17,835 posts, read 30,558,629 times
Reputation: 43295
Quote:
Originally Posted by happydawglady View Post
p.s.s.
Nah, nah, nah - I've got 3 rep pts and you only have 2!!!!
I see your 3 HDL and raise you ........

now if I went and told it wouldn't be a surprise


karla
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
 
Location: a primitive state
10,213 posts, read 20,987,197 times
Reputation: 13424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I had a grasshopper epidemic last summer.

I hired two swans, one duck and Bo-peep to come over. After a few hours the two swans were exhausted, Bo-peep needed endless bottles of water and had to rest, but the duck kept eating the grasshoppers.
I love ducks. Did I tell you I have a flock of crows? They've trained me to bring them peanuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,194 posts, read 25,356,104 times
Reputation: 3870
Are you taking the crows with you? It would be fun to have them ride on the roof of your car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2007, 06:12 PM
 
Location: a primitive state
10,213 posts, read 20,987,197 times
Reputation: 13424
You wouldn't believe what's already tied to the roof of my truck. A kayak, a paddle, a 20' extension ladder, and a hand truck. The crows will have to fly.

I will miss them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top