Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:20 PM

8,358 posts, read 25,154,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I said serious scientist...a serious scientist would read what I wrote, and having a basic understanding of physics, would or could totally see the genious behind my report....

But if your not a scientist...you won't understand any of it...
There are many different types of scientists, many of which will have little understanding of physics outside of the basic survey courses they took in college.

A serious scientist, a real scientist (in any discipline) is a skeptical individual towards new ideas (unless there is a plausible way to prove them) and is rooted in facts. No serious scientist would take what you have to say seriously, especially since you cannot spell basic words or bother to use a spell checker.

By the way, sound, ultra violet light, the visible light spectrum, electricity, et. al. all function on wave lengths. Waves, they are not just for liquids anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNobody View Post
Just to tell you mountains ranges are formed by tectonic plates rubbing against each other and volcanic activity. Secondly some were once underwater. Also wind and water erosion can produce those curves you've noticed. Also look up fractals and mountain range formation. So basically your theory is wrong. Go learn some basic geology or take a basic geology class. Your theory smells of creationist propaganda.
No, everyone knows that mountains were created by Creationists. Here's an example: if mountains and valleys were created by subduction and convection and divergence of plates, well then the plates CREATED the mountains. Proof positive that Creationists are correct!

I have a feeling that these plate tecktonics are also causing earth quakes, but I cannot be too sure about that because it is hard to see the plates in action. They might also cause tsunamis, too, but like earth quakes that is a far fetched idea and nobody can see underwater anyways so that might take a long time to prove.

I took a geology course once. It was pretty boring because we just looked a rocks and stuff, but I remember something about striations, or was it stratification? I dunno, those science words are confusing! One time we went on a field trip up the side of hill and saw all of these shells in the dirt. They were like little clam shells or something. It was pretty weird because we were far from the ocean and I kept wondering how they all got way up there. One of life's mysteries, I guess.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,442,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Erosion is a false theory....

I'll proove it...

Why do you think they have to constantly dredge the missippi river..
Answer. cause the bottom of the river keeps filling up with silt and mud...erosion builds up...that's why they have to keep dredgeing the missippi to keep it deep...

2nd example....
As a kid, I grew up behind a wheat field...and all summer long...the stream in our back yard built up...meaning the mud and vegitation keep filling it, it became less and less shallow...

But when the spring floods came...in a matter of hours or days, the creak was widened again, and new crevisas and canyons were created almost instantly from the force of the water....

In other words land altering events happen suddenly and immidietly by other large mass colliding with it....

It takes massive energy to change any landscape...not some small brook or stream....I witnessed this myself...

Your relying to much on old theory here...use your common observed sense in science and nature...

I can't help adding my "2 cents worth"... LOL.

Firstly, the posts are riddled with mispelled words; far beyond the statistical chances of simple typographical errors and this includes lack of capitalization where it is necessary.

Secondly, the posts are contradictory; even within just one posting.

Thirdly, the posts appear to be full of "delusions of grandeur" (megalomania) at the "posts's brillance".

I suggest more "educated" posts.
I suggest using the "ignore" feature.
And as far as erosion is explained.......
Erosion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Megalomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 03-06-2010 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM

8,358 posts, read 25,154,163 times
One thing that I am still confused about: are mountain rangers like forest rangers? I would think so, but not all forests are in mountains.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:10 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,305,877 times
Please ignore my spelling...and pay attention to my 'wave motion' theory....please take that on head on...look and study the illustraitons I've left for you...

Comment on my 'Mountains are frozen waves' comment....

Or my 'you can't merge brittle glass together' comment...

For some reason many are afraid to admit I could be on to something here...

None of you have prooven where I'm wrong....

I wish some of you would join me in prooving my 'wave theory' correct...and upsetting the established scientific theory....

Friction, heat, waves.....friction, heat, waves....the basic formula to how mountains or ridges were formed....it's brilliant...if you would only accept it....

But I do have some more reading to do....

Old 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,912,118 times
The ocean waves resemble mountains, and so the ripples created by the wind on snow fields. I should have taken some photos of snow today, and then post them here to show you beautiful mountain ranges, where the wild grass look like forests. You can often see the same "mountains" in the desert as the fine sand is turned into ridges by the wind.
Some sand dunes here:
http://www.saharamet.com/desert/photos/Sahara.html

Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The ocean waves resemble mountains, and so the ripples created by the wind on snow fields. I should have taken some photos of snow today, and then post them here to show you beautiful mountain ranges, where the wild grass look like forests. You can often see the same "mountains" in the desert as the fine sand is turned into ridges by the wind.
Some sand dunes here:
sand dunes, photos of Sahara, desert landscapes
Beautiful, absolutley beautiful....I love escaping into photos like that and pretending your there....just alone, walking barefoot in the sand...(well maybe not, do to snakes or scorpions)...but in your mind, when you imagine those things, you can delete the snakes and scorpions...

Those photos were neat...but my wave motion theory does not apply to sand dunes...
I realize sand dunes are shaped and formed soley by the wind....

I will go to that link often, when I just want to escape and get away...thanks for sharing that with us....

Old 03-08-2010, 11:34 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,908,857 times
I'm not a scientist much less a serious one, but as non scientific as I am, I know that in order for a liquid or semi-liquid material to retain its shape, cooling would have to be near instantaneous. For example this molten mass of rock would be forced to rise to heights of 8 meters or more and then suddenly revert to a solid state to prevent their receding to a level state.

That's crazy.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:50 AM

18,335 posts, read 26,366,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
One thing that I am still confused about: are mountain rangers like forest rangers? I would think so, but not all forests are in mountains.
I've always thought I'd like to be a forest ranger, but now mountain ranger sounds interesting since I like mountains so much...if only I knew what they were.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
A range is anything that extends in front of you...

Like a 'gun range'....or a 'golf range'....

Thus the term 'mountain range'....

Old 03-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I've always thought I'd like to be a forest ranger, but now mountain ranger sounds interesting since I like mountains so much...if only I knew what they were.
http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/143/799/90/o_owBl5FpFonNueDV.jpg (broken link)

Mountain Rangers are like men or people who patrol the mountains...like scouts...they make sure the mountains are safe...like Marshals...

They've even made movies about mountain rangers....

And there was a even a tv series about mountain rangers...
If you want to know more about the mountains...go back and read my posts about 'wave motion'....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature