U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:55 PM

3,061 posts, read 6,030,252 times

Advertisements

I keep laughing because at first I thought this thread was going to be about how the power rangers were created (scientifically, of course).
Rate this post positively

Old 03-08-2010, 11:57 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,829,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm not a scientist much less a serious one, but as non scientific as I am, I know that in order for a liquid or semi-liquid material to retain its shape, cooling would have to be near instantaneous. For example this molten mass of rock would be forced to rise to heights of 8 meters or more and then suddenly revert to a solid state to prevent their receding to a level state.

That's crazy.
And I'm no rocket scientist myself but I do know if you put a heated object through an instantaneous cooling process it usually shatters so I'm guessing that would have us back to square one and still no mountain rangers in sight.

Now about the garuntee.....is that like a yeti or yowie?????

Old 03-09-2010, 12:10 AM

3,359 posts, read 6,758,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I am responding not because I'm really interested in any of this, but for the entertainment factor. How many times can one individual counter their own arguments before even they start to realize there is something wrong.

Of course if you are suffering from megalomania then everything I just pointed out doesn't jibe with your reality and you can't see why I don't understand that your right, which you aren't.

Good luck with that college dissertation if you ever get the chance to write one.
Hi, I will respond to you in more detail tomorrow...

And infact I did send a link of this thread to some science magazine or association...so if you end up on Oprah Wimpreys show, right next to me, debating scientific theory...don't be suprised....or David Letterman...who ever would have us...
But right now it's time for bed...have a Star Trek Enterprise type of night...

Old 03-09-2010, 12:56 PM

31,371 posts, read 33,514,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
And I'm no rocket scientist myself but I do know if you put a heated object through an instantaneous cooling process it usually shatters so I'm guessing that would have us back to square one and still no mountain rangers in sight.

Either way, based upon the OP's serious science at the end of the day we would be back on the fruited plain so to speak.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:40 PM

3,061 posts, read 6,030,252 times
Can anyone explain how the mountain rangers were created?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM

15,400 posts, read 20,288,904 times
The thread title says RANGERS; not mountain ranges. I figure since your serious, you don't mean...like the Appalachian Mountain Range but the mounted rangers...like the Canadian mounted police...or Dudley Doright ;-)

Old 03-09-2010, 04:42 PM

19,172 posts, read 58,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Can anyone explain how the mountain rangers were created?
The mommy ranger loves the daddy ranger VERY much and they hold each other VERY close, and her tummy ripples into a little mountain ranger?

Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM

31,371 posts, read 33,514,314 times
Well this we know for sure, the mountain rangers, better known as the 10th Mountain Division was organized at the outbreak of WWII. Seems the Army needed skiers.

Fort Drum, New York • 10th Mountain Division History (http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/about/hist-10mtn.asp - broken link)

Old 03-09-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Can you conceive that vast portions of the earth are just covered by water for thousands of years?

Sedimentary layer....

never mind.

This poster here...'scarmig', has just inadvertingly helped me figure out the other half of my equation or theory...

This also shows, demonstrates that mountain ranges aren't rising in a manner that many scientist have been conditioned to believe, but rather the water around the mountains simple receeded, like draining a swimming pool, the mountains were already there, the water simply receeded and or the whole land mass was elevated through shifting of the plates....
I know I can't be the only one who sees this, who gets it? I have revalutionized mountain science...and or the way we were taught to see it.

'Scarmig' said the least, yet hold the largest keys....
By them bringing up the fact that most of the earth use to be underwater...that totally quantifies the synopsis I was tinkering with on post #41....

Remember or go back and read how I posted the layered levels of soil, and said in order for soil or minerls to stack that way that they would have to be in mineral form, and that the heavier elements would settle to the bottom....remember that?

Well please read post 41 if you forgot....
Again, I followed 'observed science'...and the common sense rules of nature that apply to every day life, and my instincts were correct...

Indeed most of the earths surface did use to be underwater...thus explaining how now the surface or ridges or mountains, that are above ground have that layed effect...

In other words the mineral deposits solidified or hardened once above ground and or the waters subsided or land mass rose...whatever...

This poster has solved the other half of my mountain formation theory...but it's not really theory...it's 'observed science'...

A new term i hope the scientific community will adopt...

So now I conclude that many of the mountains got their shapes and particular layers, while in a soft mineral state under the immense pressure of the ocean waters and currents...

In other words they were like big wet mushy sandunes early on...and simply solidified as time past...and eventually do to tectonic shifting and tilting...rose above sea level....and further solidified....

Between this, and my mountain wave idea, I have solved a lot...

I just need to write it up in a more publishable manner so It can be recieved and understood by a scientific scholar...

I feel happy, cause I have solved some great mysteries...but it's not like anyones going to take me out for pizza or anything to celebrate...

I'll just take satisfaction knowing that I helped clarify some things for future generations....

Last edited by Time and Space; 03-09-2010 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to follow my logic....

Now please check this out...

Imagine placeing a bunch of cups, say 64 plastic cups on a piece of plywood...say 8x12

Turn the cups upside down and glue them to the surface...and have them in rows of 8...

Now submerge the plywood under water....thus begins my illustration...

Now the cups are already on the plywood....now what happens when me and you evenly raise the plywood?
The cups rise above the water right...but the cups aren't 'newly' formed...they were already there....

Not only that...it wasn't induviusal mountains that formed and elevated...rather the whole shelf was raised, with the mountains or cups already there....can you follow that logic and or illustration?

Or like when you go swimming, and you rise out of the water...even when you were in the water and submerged, your mass was already there, intact...you simplied stood up, and rose...and or the water around you was 'drained'....

Ok...

Now simply apply that to mountains...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or