U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 PM

20 posts, read 42,068 times

Advertisements

I actually really like Nebraska and wanna move there in the future.
But a lot of people say it's boring and all... nothin' to do and lame.
So what I want from you is something that is good about Nebraska.
Anythin' that you like. Possibly someone not native to the state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 11:12 AM

4,527 posts, read 7,884,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semicolonshiftd View Post
I actually really like Nebraska and wanna move there in the future.
But a lot of people say it's boring and all... nothin' to do and lame.
So what I want from you is something that is good about Nebraska.
Anythin' that you like. Possibly someone not native to the state.
Those of us that live in Nebraska do NOT want to let anyone know how great it is here. If the word gets out about "the good life" we will get a bunch of outsiders moving in and spoiling it.

GL2

Old 11-14-2010, 09:59 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,317,483 times
Yep boring as all get out here. That is why I moved back here after living in Denver, Vancouver, and other larger cities. I will take this boring country life any ole day.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:45 PM

8,232 posts, read 12,702,079 times
Not a native. Lived in the Omaha area for 3 years before moving again. I liked the area, can't speak for all of NE. The western part sounds different people wise, not sure.
The Omaha area had the most polite people I ever met. Town was very well laid out, never got lost, no big traffic jams, the Quest center was good.
My favorite thing though was overall population density. When you left Omaha, it felt expansive, you felt like yea, I'm out in the country and there aren't many people out here. Most places that's really just an illusion. In Nebraska its real and it feels good.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:08 PM

2,442 posts, read 4,554,172 times
People in Nebraska are friendly and had time to have conversations with visitors. Many fascinating small towns with interesting histories.

I'd love to live in Nebraska, at least the parts I've visited. That probably won't happen so I'll settle for re-visiting.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:23 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,257,231 times
When I was leaving the movie theatre Friday night and I walked to my car in the slushy snow I was thinking to myself. . Stinkin Nebraska.

Aside from that, it's not bad. I like how you can jump on a plane and get pretty much anywhere in the lower 48 in a couple hours. In the past I've left Omaha in the morning, flew to Orlando got into a rental car, got to the hotel, took a nap, and still had time to head out for dinner, drinks, and live entertainment that same evening. That is with the 1 hour time loss.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:12 AM

1,061 posts, read 1,962,934 times
Omaha is loaded with things to do as a major urban center.

West and north parts of the state are sparsely populated, but have some awesome scenery and outdoorsy things to do.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,610,124 times
I've lived many places but always come back to Nebraska. It's the people, the wide open spaces, the starry nights, fresh air, the change of seasons (much as I get tired of winter-I get bored with the same ol same ol) the scenery, way too many things to post them all. I doubt if I will ever move again.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:09 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,257,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I've lived many places but always come back to Nebraska. It's the people, the wide open spaces, the starry nights, fresh air, the change of seasons (much as I get tired of winter-I get bored with the same ol same ol) the scenery, way too many things to post them all. I doubt if I will ever move again.
I agree. My wife and I even said that when we retire. . Although we will disappear between January and March for a warmer climate, we will not permanantly leave here.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:13 PM

1,061 posts, read 1,962,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
I agree. My wife and I even said that when we retire. . Although we will disappear between January and March for a warmer climate, we will not permanantly leave here.
But you have to promise to occasionally come back sometimes during that time frame.

I still think that a fresh snowfall really makes for an awesome landscape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska