Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 AM

26,400 posts, read 46,377,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
You will love Norfolk. Do not consider the the population slide the last five years as that had to do with a very large plan closing. Norfolk has resumed it's modest growth after that. The city has 24,000 people and if you need a bigger city to travel to for any reason, Sioux City is only 50 miles away and Omaha/Lincoln are only 90 miles away.

You will find Fremont in a similar boat, but it is so close to Omaha's west edge that it is beginning to see a surge of suburban boom. Fremont is good for probably another 5-10 years, but it is soon going to be growing very fast.
That doesn't surprise me given the ridiculous nature of sprawl in western areas of Omaha along with the extremely young demographics relative to any other metro in the Plains and Midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 11:29 PM

11 posts, read 37,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota79 View Post
But here are some examples of what I do have issues with:

Those who comes through the checkout line with 10 cases of soda and tons of junk food, and use their food stamps for it.

The guy who walks into his low income apartment with a case of beer in one hand and two cartons of cigarettes in another

The people who are poor because they are on the ropes for child support to several women because they have no morals or self control.
After getting laid off and drowning in debt and trying to get help, your above comment has become such a reality and the way the system has failed, and note I do not live in a small town or come from a small city, so this behavior is everywhere. I did not ask to be laid off, I have worked every since High School, I have great work ethics and values and when time came to get "assistance" it has been a constant struggle or denied. So it is sad that when someone is in real need and they are not helped but it is upsetting to see how people take advantage and work the system.

Sorry I went off topic on your original post, Best of luck to you!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:29 AM

697 posts, read 1,279,315 times
from what I have been told(for what it is worth) you can't move to Norflok unless you se habla espano

Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 PM

696 posts, read 1,722,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man View Post
from what I have been told(for what it is worth) you can't move to Norflok unless you se habla espano
No

Since the meat plant closed there is a smaller population of Latinos.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 PM

161 posts, read 560,855 times
Quote:
The Hispanic population in Norfolk is only like 10%.

I lived in West Texas where it was 50% Hispanic, and even there, they did not expect you to speak Spanish.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:52 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,669,785 times
Hahaha with that Español you would not go to far old man.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM

65 posts, read 169,170 times
Quote:
Not true at all. This is news coming from MO, by the way.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 AM

12 posts, read 31,620 times
Default Norfolk

I would like some opinions on Norfolk from some locals Please.
We are considering a move from Idaho.
Would like to know what you know about schools, average housing cost
ect. just everthing in general.
Also I am a building contractor. whats the economy like in the construction field.
If there are any realtors on this forum, is the housing economy stable or not we will also be wanting to purchase, rehab and resale housing is there a market for that?
Thanks.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 AM

696 posts, read 1,722,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G711 View Post
just everthing in general.
That much info will cost you.

3 schools public, Catholic and Lutheran.

Economy is stable as it always is in Nebraska.

Construction has been slow for a year and a half.

The flip that house has been done and is not that big anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska