U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 6,631 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm moving to Lincoln with my boyfriend in August and we are looking for a place to live where there will not be as many college students. We are in our late 20's, I'm a young professional and he is going to Wesleyan for grad school so we don't want to be more than 15-20 miles from campus. Do you have any suggestions? Also, we are visiting for the first time on Sun and Mon anything cool we should check out on our short visit?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM

300 posts, read 1,137,289 times
15-20 miles from campus pretty much covers the whole city.
Do you have a job lined up? Where will you be working if you do?
Wesleyan is in northeast Lincoln - which besides close to the college - is pretty much a middle class family oriented area. There's alot of single family homes and a few apartment complexes.
What is your price range? Do you want to rent an apartment or a house? What are you looking for? Single professionals like you? Family area? Do you want higher scale yuppy (The Haymarket/downtown or Holmes Lake Apartments) or a mid-class apartment (Lionsgate (I'm not sure if there's alot of college students or not)?
The more I know, the more I can help you.

Also our newspaper www.journalstar.com has alot of rentals. Find some you like and post here and we'll be able to let you know the area and what's around there.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 PM

696 posts, read 1,657,099 times
Hmmm, you don't want to live by college students.

You won't be able to live with your boyfriend then.

ROFL

Old 05-31-2011, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 6,631 times
Well it only took me 11 days to check for responses, sorry!! I do not have a job lined up yet, I have just started the hunt. I checked out the town and it is bigger than I thought. I don't want to live downtown or too close to campus. I really like the area South of the university. I'd prefer an apartment (pet friendly) or townhouse, mid-class, single professionals. Let me rephrase, I don't want to be around to many undergrads

Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 AM

4,531 posts, read 8,403,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlygrl View Post
Well it only took me 11 days to check for responses, sorry!! I do not have a job lined up yet, I have just started the hunt. I checked out the town and it is bigger than I thought. I don't want to live downtown or too close to campus. I really like the area South of the university. I'd prefer an apartment (pet friendly) or townhouse, mid-class, single professionals. Let me rephrase, I don't want to be around to many undergrads
What type of lifestyle do you want? Each area of Lincoln offers different things.
If you are into bars and noisy/rowdy crowds the downtown area would suit you. There are quite a few movie theaters downtown also. If you want quiet and relaxing walks in the neighborhood downtown is not for you.

Commute by car? Bike? Walk? Make a list of ten things you want and ten things you hate and we could be more helpful.

GL2

Old 06-03-2011, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 68,255 times
DON'T MOVE TO NEBRASKA - Nebraska SUCKS!!! I have lived here 4 years and leaving in 2 weeks, I CAN"T WAIT!!! The people of Nebraska are biggest jerks I have ever met. If you are not born here, you might as well not bother moving here. They will constantly ask you why you moved here and if you know anyone from here. It gets old quick trying to explain to these stupid people why you moved to Nebraska.
Another thing you have to deal with is the corrupt cops, and politicians. The cops don't go after the real criminals, why? Because they are chicken ****. They would rather be on the take with the drug dealers and gang bangers than go after real criminals. I have seen this in big cities and small thoughout the whole state, not just Lincoln and Omaha. As for politics are concern, if it doesn't benefit UNL well nothing gets done. Everything in this state revolves around UNL. They cram that crap done everyones throat and the college rips off these poor hard working people for their cash by brainwashing them into thinking UNL is the greatest. So be prepaired for that. The Nebraska CONEHOLERS SUCK!!! The motto for the state of Nebraska is "The Good Life" but should read "The Good Life if You Brown Nose The UNL CONEHOLERS"

Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,362 times
I have recently moved to Nebraska for a job . I work off Windhoek Drive. Would like to find an apartment or condo rental where professional live. I am in my late 20's, not that much into the bars, but would like to be in a safe area - with some social outlets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: