U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 64,795 times

Advertisements

DON'T MOVE TO NEBRASKA - Nebraska SUCKS!!! I have lived here 4 years and leaving in 2 weeks, I CAN"T WAIT!!! The people of Nebraska are biggest jerks I have ever met. If you are not born here, you might as well not bother moving here. They will constantly ask you why you moved here and if you know anyone from here. It gets old quick trying to explain to these stupid people why you moved to Nebraska.
Another thing you have to deal with is the corrupt cops, and politicians. The cops don't go after the real criminals, why? Because they are chicken ****. They would rather be on the take with the drug dealers and gang bangers than go after real criminals. I have seen this in big cities and small thoughout the whole state, not just Lincoln and Omaha. As for politics are concern, if it doesn't benefit UNL well nothing gets done. Everything in this state revolves around UNL. They cram that crap done everyones throat and the college rips off these poor hard working people for their cash by brainwashing them into thinking UNL is the greatest. So be prepaired for that. The Nebraska CORNHOLERS SUCK!!! The motto for the state of Nebraska is "The Good Life" but should read "The Good Life if You Brown Nose The UNL CORNHOLERS"

Last edited by linicx; 06-04-2011 at 11:26 AM..
Rate this post positively

Old 06-03-2011, 12:45 PM

4,178 posts, read 9,797,116 times
Finally! gosh I was so hoping you would be able to sell your home and move; you've been posting on here for two years about how awful Nebraska and Lincoln are.

We moved to Nebraska three years ago and WE LOVE IT. We live in a 100-year-old farmhouse on 60 acres, in a town of 149, and we have made a lot of terrific, fun and funny friends. We do as we please, whenever we please; build what we want, raise miniature cattle, have an orchard, huge garden, and chickens, and there are no ordinances, no restrictions, no problems. When we first moved in one neighbor brought us "friendship bread", another came over and killed our gophers without even asking. We've developed relationships, both business and friendships. We love the area, the people, and the land and sky that surround us. We root for Clemson, Ohio State, the Raiders and the Carolina Panthers, BTW, and we have a lot of good fun with our neighbors down at the big screen TV in the bar - and expect even more crazy fun, now that Big Red is in their new conference. We came here for the endless quiet and the wide-open freedom of the Sandhills, the snow and the fresh clear water, the fishing and the hunting, and the mind-yer-own-bizness attitude, and we got what we wanted. We've been to Lincoln, O'Neill, and Norfolk and spent time there, and never had a problem with a cop or anyone else we met, either professionally or just walking down the street, day or night. Everyone we've met has been friendly and outgoing.

Your other complaints about taxes also have struck me as humorous - we pay exactly the same amount on our acreage and 2,000 sq ft home as we did back east - for 1/3 of an acre and a 1,000 sq ft home.

I have lived in 8 states and have traveled extensively on both business and pleasure, and this is a wonderful place to settle in and raise a family, or to retire. As long as 'newbies' don't expect people to cater to them, and they move to a place where they work hard, play hard, and enjoy their own company as well as others', without seeking succor, approbation, approval or anything else from others, they shouldn't have a problem.

Congratulations! May we assume that you won't be back on here screaming about how awful Nebraska is any more, and that you will instead grace your new home with your presence and attitudes?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:57 PM

9 posts, read 64,795 times
Default I still have to weeks left.

Hey I'm glad you are happy. If everything you say is true than I'm happy for you. You are lucky!! I am just reporting on what my wife and I have been through the last 4 years. I still have 2 weeks left or make that 12 days 12 hours 3 minutes and 30 seconds, but who's counting.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:03 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,962,422 times
So first you call us all jerks and then you call us poor, hardworking people?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 AM

624 posts, read 1,155,165 times
I don't know where you get the UNL benefit theory from. I've lived in Omaha all my life and I don't give one s**t about how well UNL is doing. Shows you how well they've been "brainwashing". Nebraska far from revolves around UNL. Especially in Omaha. As far as the cops go, if you are so enraged by how bad they are, why don't you go ahead and join them? I'm sure you'd vastly improve the force with your knowledge of the whereabouts of the "real criminals". Go catch them for yourself. All your post did was make you look like a massive "cornhole", as per your vocabulary. Hopefully your intention wasn't to keep people from moving to Nebraska- I think you'll be very disappointed.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:09 AM

38,703 posts, read 92,487,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskanass View Post
DON'T MOVE TO NEBRASKA - Nebraska SUCKS!!! I have lived here 4 years and leaving in 2 weeks, I CAN"T WAIT!!! The people of Nebraska are biggest jerks I have ever met. If you are not born here, you might as well not bother moving here. They will constantly ask you why you moved here and if you know anyone from here. It gets old quick trying to explain to these stupid people why you moved to Nebraska.
Another thing you have to deal with is the corrupt cops, and politicians. The cops don't go after the real criminals, why? Because they are chicken ****. They would rather be on the take with the drug dealers and gang bangers than go after real criminals. I have seen this in big cities and small thoughout the whole state, not just Lincoln and Omaha. As for politics are concern, if it doesn't benefit UNL well nothing gets done. Everything in this state revolves around UNL. They cram that crap done everyones throat and the college rips off these poor hard working people for their cash by brainwashing them into thinking UNL is the greatest. So be prepaired for that. The Nebraska CORNHOLERS SUCK!!! The motto for the state of Nebraska is "The Good Life" but should read "The Good Life if You Brown Nose The UNL CORNHOLERS"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskanass View Post
LOOK AROUND YOU IDIOT!! Everywhere you look is Nebraska Cornholers crap. If you don't see it you must be living under a rock. Why would Lincoln lose the State Fair to G. I.? Because UNL wanted the land for themselves and now they aren't even going to build anything on it. Lets see, 300000 people attend the State Fair and now we give it to G.I. ???? Look at all that money Lincoln lost. This is just one example. UNL is a bunch of communist bastards and YES THEY REALLY DO RUN THIS PIECE OF **** STATE!! OPEN YOUR EYES!!!
As for the cops, yes you do have good cops and bad cops no matter where you live. From personal experience I have seen more crooked cops than bad. No I don't want to do their jod, because my way of handling things would be to shoot all the scum bags before having to deal with them. Why not? 25 cent bullet or 40000 dolars a year to house them in prison. I elect the 25 cent bullet option. Tax dollars saved!!
So instead of waxing your chest and painting Nebraska Cornholers #1 on it. Wake up and really take a look at how bad things are being run in this state, and when it all breaks down it comes from the *******s at UNL.
11 Days to go - I CAN"T WAIT!!!
After skimming through these two cringe-inducing posts, I can only arrive at one conclusion: in 11 days, Nebraska's collective IQ is going to shoot up about 10 points.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:32 AM

16,933 posts, read 22,059,050 times
Thread temporarily closed for moderator review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska