Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 12:05 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,844,597 times

Advertisements

China has a huge presence in the Oil and Energy fields in Canada , so i'm not surprised...most mines and oil fields are owned by the Chinese or run by the Chinese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Though I'm a Republican and detest "the annointed one", I think he's right in delaying this thing. These things invariably will have leaks and eventually have the capability of creating a disaster. Yes, I'm all for it EVENTUALLY. However, I'm not convinced that the current location chosen over one of the biggest aquifers in the midwest is where this thing should run. Envinronmentally, there has to be a more in depth study as to where it's safer to be run. If we put it where it's proposed and there is a major spill that contaminates the aquifer, the only recourse is to try to go after a foreign company where our government is limited to pursue damages.

Sooner or later I knew Barry would stumble and do something I agree with.

We need to be very carefull with this project.
It was decided back in the first week of January to reroute the Keystone XL pipeline. It WOULD NOT go across the Sandhills. The final route had not been decided on when Obama killed the project.

I am a Republican and I opposed the original route across the Sandhills. I believe a safe route that detours the Sandhills could be mapped out very quickly.

GL2

Old 01-21-2012, 08:04 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,684,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
It was decided back in the first week of January to reroute the Keystone XL pipeline. It WOULD NOT go across the Sandhills. The final route had not been decided on when Obama killed the project.

I am a Republican and I opposed the original route across the Sandhills. I believe a safe route that detours the Sandhills could be mapped out very quickly.

GL2
Ditto, Gunluvver.
It really irritates me that those all over the country who are critical about the pipeline being cancelled by Obama are ranting and raving - and have no idea what they are talking about. "20,000 jobs"? More like 6,000 - part-time jobs that wouldn't even last a year. "Going to China" - where do they think the oil was going to go after it had been refined? Their local gas stations?

I'm no tree-hugger but I knew that the pipeline as initially proposed was a bad idea. There are 4 other pipelines thru Nebraska that don't run over porous sand across the aquifer; where do these folks think all of that oil goes? The people who are all upset about "Nebraska losing jobs" - most of whom can't pick out Nebraska on a map - have no idea what really goes on out here, and don't care.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:24 PM

79 posts, read 205,537 times
Might want to spend 12 minutes watching what really took place with the pipeline. Yeah, Obama was wrong as he is on almost anything he does. This will wake you up unless your already dead in the head.

Keystone Calamity : Prime time : SunNews Video Gallery

Old 01-24-2012, 08:10 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Sorry, We, the US never should have given the right of imminent domain to Canada, another country. Let the Canadians build a pipeline in their own country. We get the problems, they get the money?? Not a good enough trade off, lots of energy related jobs out there if you want to go work in the tundra.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
WDAZ in North Dakota discussing Nebraska issues and hold ups to the Keystone Pipeline
update:New Proposed Keystone XL Pipeline Route Unveiled | WDAZ | Grand Forks, ND

Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,231,372 times
Quote:
Jane Kleeb, executive director of the group Bold Nebraska
I wonder how she ties to Scott(?) Kleeb that ran for 3rd congressional district a few years ago...

To the article, I'd have to see a map before I express an opinion. That is, to see where it's going to go this time.
ETA: Map is available here: http://www.ktiv.com/story/17587907/n...eline-released
If the green one is the new route, I'm still not liking it. That part of Holt county that it cuts through is where hay is grown as a crop.
Wanna guess WHY hay grows so well right through there...?

Why can't they just run it parallel to their existing pipeline??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
View detailed profiles of: