Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 02:36 AM

605 posts, read 1,198,201 times

Advertisements

Shame on Norfolk Odd Fellows Lodge. They should apologize for disrespecting the President and embarrassing all Nebraskans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 05:05 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,562 times
What did they do?

Old 07-08-2014, 04:33 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I just saw this. I'm from Michigan but lived in Omaha for 3.5 years and loved it because I thought the world of the people there. Maybe a little more conservative than me but very solid, polite, respectful, thoughtful, room for everyones opinions. Salt of the earth smart hard working all that.

I was shocked, shocked and hurt, to see that in the paper. Really upset me, not just the act but in Nebraska!

Man, that right wing hate being spread by Limbaugh, Beck and all the others that have been piling on and piling on to make money, get elected, lets see how fast we can dive to bottom of dirty hate - its spreading like a cancer, like a big pyramid scheme for gain. Got nothing to do with being a conservative or a Republican, at least not the Republicans of 20 years ago.

You know, an extremist fundamentalist is an extremist fundamentalist regardless of creed, purpose, color or nationality and its one act away from being a terrorist.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 21,883 times
The man that made the float is a veteran and created the float as a way to show his displeasure at the healthcare for our veterans in this country. The figure he's representing is himself, not obama. It's wearing his bib overalls and using one of his walkers. He made himself a zombie trying to be funny. He had the float approved by the committee. He should have enough freedom of speech to make this float - he fought for it, after all.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:08 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,508,755 times
This story went international. This is really embarrassing. On a day when we need to put aside our political differences, this ignorant doofus makes Nebraska look terrible. Just because he has "First Amendment" rights doesn't mean political biases should be put on display during a 4th of July parade; besides, if he is so concerned about the care of our disabled veterans, maybe he should have built a float criticizing the Republicans in Congress who not only voted against increased funding for veterans' care, which the President wanted, but actually had the gaul to filibuster the bill!!.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:18 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,230,775 times
It was Independance Day. If he wanted something funny/political, Chicken Days is always looking for something different.
This was just wrong in an Independance Day parade…

Old 07-14-2014, 12:10 PM

84 posts, read 123,094 times
Default PC Fucquetards on patrol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorecampers View Post
The man that made the float is a veteran and created the float as a way to show his displeasure at the healthcare for our veterans in this country. The figure he's representing is himself, not obama. It's wearing his bib overalls and using one of his walkers. He made himself a zombie trying to be funny. He had the float approved by the committee. He should have enough freedom of speech to make this float - he fought for it, after all.
Exactly right. The country is now full of people looking for any excuse to be offended.
This country used to be resilient but is now littered with hanky-twisting bed wetters.

Funny that lampooning the president depends on who that person is.

Political Correctness has ruined this country.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 PM

84 posts, read 123,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I just saw this. I'm from Michigan but lived in Omaha for 3.5 years and loved it because I thought the world of the people there. Maybe a little more conservative than me but very solid, polite, respectful, thoughtful, room for everyones opinions. Salt of the earth smart hard working all that.

I was shocked, shocked and hurt, to see that in the paper. Really upset me, not just the act but in Nebraska!

Man, that right wing hate being spread by Limbaugh, Beck and all the others that have been piling on and piling on to make money, get elected, lets see how fast we can dive to bottom of dirty hate - its spreading like a cancer, like a big pyramid scheme for gain. Got nothing to do with being a conservative or a Republican, at least not the Republicans of 20 years ago.

You know, an extremist fundamentalist is an extremist fundamentalist regardless of creed, purpose, color or nationality and its one act away from being a terrorist.
Will you be acknowledging the left wing hate spread by Schulz, Maher and all the others that have been piling on and piling on to make money, get elected, lets see how fast we can dive to bottom of dirty hate ?

Old 07-14-2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
Exactly right. The country is now full of people looking for any excuse to be offended.
This country used to be resilient but is now littered with hanky-twisting bed wetters.

Funny that lampooning the president depends on who that person is.

Political Correctness has ruined this country.
This has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with simple human decency, manners, and respect for the office of the President. I would have been offended if ANY president were depicted this way in a 4th of July parade.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
Will you be acknowledging the left wing hate spread by Schulz, Maher and all the others that have been piling on and piling on to make money, get elected, lets see how fast we can dive to bottom of dirty hate ?
What? Now you are trying to change the subject. Your post has absolutely no relevance to this thread. BTW, Rep. Shultz disagreeing with her opposition's political positions isn't "hate", it's part of the political dialogue. Hate is when you take personal pot-shots by using phrases like "hanky-twisting bed wetters", so I guess you're on the same level as Bill Maher, but he's more funny.

Last edited by smithy77; 07-14-2014 at 11:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska