Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 11,797 times

Advertisements

I am new to this forum and will be moving to Omaha soon from west coast for work. To give a background about myself ,I am 26 years old male,mixed(Arab-Hispanic),single. My last relationship ended over a year and with my busy life never had a chance to date.Since I will be moving first time to Midwest I became curious of mixed-race dating in Nebraska? Heard from my peers at LA that Nebraska is not tolerant to that. Also read some posts about hatred towards immigrants in the forum. How much of it is true? Are women is Nebraska not accepting to mixed-race men?Also , what's best places to hang out in town to meet some charming women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSeeker90087 View Post
I am new to this forum and will be moving to Omaha soon from west coast for work. To give a background about myself ,I am 26 years old male,mixed(Arab-Hispanic),single. My last relationship ended over a year and with my busy life never had a chance to date.Since I will be moving first time to Midwest I became curious of mixed-race dating in Nebraska? Heard from my peers at LA that Nebraska is not tolerant to that. Also read some posts about hatred towards immigrants in the forum. How much of it is true? Are women is Nebraska not accepting to mixed-race men?Also , what's best places to hang out in town to meet some charming women?
I live in Lincoln not Omaha but the two cities are similar. Mixed race dating is usually accepted but isolated incidents happen at times. Avoid gangs and known drug activities and you will be OK. Gangs are becoming a problem so be careful. If you are a gang member it would be best not to come here at all.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:09 PM

780 posts, read 678,715 times
I went to school in Lincoln for two years. As an Asian, it was awkward walking down the street at times because I would sometimes get looks, like they've never seen an Asian before. It was an odd feeling that I've never experienced before. If I get that as a single person, I can't imagine the reaction I'd get for mixed-race dating.

But that was just my personal experience. I can't say that's how it really is.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I live in Lincoln not Omaha but the two cities are similar. Mixed race dating is usually accepted but isolated incidents happen at times. Avoid gangs and known drug activities and you will be OK. Gangs are becoming a problem so be careful. If you are a gang member it would be best not to come here at all.
I am not into gangs. Relocating to Omaha for doing a White collar job.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
I went to school in Lincoln for two years. As an Asian, it was awkward walking down the street at times because I would sometimes get looks, like they've never seen an Asian before. It was an odd feeling that I've never experienced before. If I get that as a single person, I can't imagine the reaction I'd get for mixed-race dating.

Thanks for the input. My friends here at LA told me the same. Out here, mixed race dating/marriage is very common. Read the same at some posts about racism there. Hmm. so have to be careful. Any clubs in town where I can meet some sweet ladies? Is Arab men not accepted there at all?

Old 03-12-2015, 12:43 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

Women in Nebraska are as open to accepting mixed race men as women anywhere else on the planet.
It depends more on the woman than her latitude and longitude.

What I have found through traveling and living in different areas is, if you have a pre conceived notion about a place that notion will hide how the area truly is and the attitude you put out into the Universe is the attitude you will get back ten fold.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:05 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post

Ali maybe the stares you were getting were not because you are Asian. Is it possible you are very attractive and that is the reason? What the heck I am a dirty old man and I might have been one of those gawking at you.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,642 times
I'm an Asian, met my husband who is born and grew up in Nebraska from an online dating website. I moved here for 15 months, I never have any problems. My parents-in-laws and family members love me, neighbors are friendly, my co-workers also don't see me as "different". In fact, in the company that I am working, there is 6 Caucasian, 2 Asians, 2 Hispanic and 1 mixed black staffs.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:06 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,913,143 times
Quote:
I am new to this forum and will be moving to Omaha soon from west coast for work.

Since I will be moving first time to Midwest I became curious of mixed-race dating in Nebraska?
FWIW I've known two people who live/lived in Omaha. One was from there and wanted out asap. She ended up in Portland. The other was a buddy from high school who became a doctor. Real Type A guy. Driven, uptight, not into nightlife, enjoys sports, and more concerned with cost of living (even though as a Dr. he's making good money). He moved to Columbus, but I think he might be headed back to Omaha.

Basically the impression I got from them was it's a good place to live, but can be dull at times.

As for mixed-race dating I'm not sure, but if you're sticking to the city there's bound to be a certain number of women who will be open to this. It's not as common as it is on the coasts, but it's not the deep south either.

Test the waters before you get there with online dating.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:37 PM

522 posts, read 695,201 times
Quote:
Not really. When I was there I didn't usually see a lot of white women going around with Arabs/Hispanics. But lucky for you there are surprisingly a lot of Hispanics in Nebraska. I went there thinking it would be white-galore but it wasn't too bad. Not many Arabs, though. We have them all over in NoVA but I didn't see any in Nebraska.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska