Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2008, 08:04 AM

137 posts, read 615,257 times

Advertisements

Jay Leno loves stupid criminals and their exploits often end up on his "Headlines" section Monday nights. He reads about people that get stuck, trapped, or otherwise get caught because they are well...stupid criminals.

Nebraska seems to have it's share rolling through on I-80! I can hardly believe how may drug busts have been reported in the news since we moved into Nebraska. It's obvious that the State Patrol is looking for vehicle violations from speeding to vehicle inspection infractions, so if a criminal was smart, don't you think they wouldn't speed, have expired plates, or drive down the road with a headlight out? I'm glad they're Duuuuuumb!

A recent case in Indianola comes to mind. The burglary suspect was caught because the cops followed his tracks in the snow from the burglarized business right to his door!

Got a good Nebraska stupid criminal story to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 AM

884 posts, read 1,033,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Pavement View Post
Jay Leno loves stupid criminals and their exploits often end up on his "Headlines" section Monday nights. He reads about people that get stuck, trapped, or otherwise get caught because they are well...stupid criminals.

Nebraska seems to have it's share rolling through on I-80! I can hardly believe how may drug busts have been reported in the news since we moved into Nebraska. It's obvious that the State Patrol is looking for vehicle violations from speeding to vehicle inspection infractions, so if a criminal was smart, don't you think they wouldn't speed, have expired plates, or drive down the road with a headlight out? I'm glad they're Duuuuuumb!

A recent case in Indianola comes to mind. The burglary suspect was caught because the cops followed his tracks in the snow from the burglarized business right to his door!

Got a good Nebraska stupid criminal story to share?

They really look for vehicles w/California and Arizona plates.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 AM

1,181 posts, read 4,010,255 times
If a criminal were smart then he wouldn't be a criminal.

But yeah, its always amazed me with out unbelievably stupid they are. I always like the ones who are going like 90 mph on the interstate with 200 pounds of drugs in their car.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,685,639 times
Ummm...Ah....
Our local cops discovered a long time ago that the speeding car or the car without a headlight, etc. was actually the red herring. The real drug car (or sometimes the drug 18-wheeler!) - traveling about 30-40 miles behind them - had the real shipment, stacked full. And would often toodle right past the 'dummies' in the first car that were surrounded by cops, doing the speed limit or below. The 'dummies' were paid cheaply and up front to be unwitting stooges, and the real drug transporters were paid half up front and half on delivery.

Stupid criminals - the three who held up the same liquor store - twice in three months. The second time their car was riddled with bullets as the owner had gotten a gun (but was not a very good shot). They were caught later.

The guy who robbed a country store with a crowbar and beat the cashier/owner with it - and then went home and threw the crowbar on top of his own house, took the money to the local bar and told his buddies where he'd gotten it. The cops found the crowbar - they could see it on his roof from the road!

The woman who ran a small store and one morning called the police to tell them that she'd been robbed - the night before - at the bank night depository. She did not know that the bank had cameras trained on the night deposit box, and they got great pictures of her car stopping, her getting out and waiting, her brother's car pulling up, and her handing the bag to him, then both of them driving off in their separate cars...

The guy who checked into a motel in the afternoon, then later that night robbed the same motel. They found him in his motel room counting the cash. He didn't wear a mask, just didn't figure the clerk would remember him.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,863,813 times
When I worked at the Nebraska State Pen I heard a bunch of stupid criminal stories. One of the best was the armed robber of a bank in Omaha. The robber left the bank and hopped into what he thought was the getaway car he had left around the corner of the bank. What he actually got into was an almost identical umarked car a detective had left in front of a donut/coffee shop when he was on a donut run. He came back to the car and the thief was still trying to get his key in the ignition when the detective arrested him

GL2

Old 02-09-2008, 09:22 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,619 times
A few years back our daughter had her car stolen from our home. It was a bright orange "75 mustang, one of those you can't miss.

4 days later we receive a call from another town's police dept. They found our daughter's car. They had parked it in plain sight in their drive way. Her plates still on it.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhills Guru View Post
A few years back our daughter had her car stolen from our home. It was a bright orange "75 mustang, one of those you can't miss.

4 days later we receive a call from another town's police dept. They found our daughter's car. They had parked it in plain sight in their drive way. Her plates still on it.
I'm more amazed as to the vehicle taste of your daughter (75' Mustang!). Assuming she is young...

Old 02-11-2008, 05:04 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,547,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
I'm more amazed as to the vehicle taste of your daughter (75' Mustang!). Assuming she is young...
She was 18, year was 2001, at the time. Her mother & I picked out the car for her and had given it to her for her 16th birthday. We still have the car, in very good shape and still running.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:21 AM

300 posts, read 1,179,293 times
I wish MY parents would have gotten me a 75' Mustang! Haha! I would kill (well not literally) to have a 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertable.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerahrtlu View Post
I wish MY parents would have gotten me a 75' Mustang! Haha! I would kill (well not literally) to have a 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertable.
Me too...but I WOULD KILL!! jk of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska