Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 5,798 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My husband and I are contemplating a move from NC to Nebraska. We have 3 children ages 13, 7, and 4. My husband is thinking of taking a job located in Beaver City for various reasons. Neither one of us particularly like where we live (about 10 minutes outside of a small city).

Our main concern is finding a good community to raise our kids in, somewhere we feel safe. Since we are so far away, it's hard for us to imagine what it would be like there and we do not know anyone who lives there to ask! I am 28, and my husband is 30. We are not religious, but we are very accepting of people and their faiths. We always hope that people show us the same respect.

Can anyone give me some insight into what Beaver City and the surrounding areas are like? Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 02:12 PM

Also...I am a stay at/work from home mom so I'm not too concerned with job prospects for myself, however I do like to volunteer my time wherever I can.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM

Anyone??

Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
There's not much to say about Beaver City................................

Old 08-16-2015, 12:46 PM

5 posts, read 5,856 times
I don't know what you are expecting in Beaver City, but there is nothing there. A population of less than 600, with nothing (NOTHING) for the kids that age to do, and a long way to the nearest town of any size. When kids raised in Bever City hit 18, the vast majority of them are out of there, so you can get ready to say good-bye to the oldest kid in 5 years, unless they go early!!

Old 09-16-2015, 09:16 AM

5 posts, read 6,086 times
My husband grew up in Beaver City, NE. I've visited there about 4 times. There really is nothing there. It is REALLY SMALL. I felt claustrophobic when I was there, but I grew up in a big city. I'm all for small towns, but this one is way too small, way too isolated and has too little to do. I would NEVER move here without visiting first. Why, of all places, would you pick Beaver City, NE? There are so many other small towns in this state that have more to offer, but still have the feeling of a community. Good luck to you and your family.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,508 times
Me and my husband are moving to Beaver city what is the shopping centers there example walmart. ..? We're a 4o sumthang in age just us n dogs. Both of us come from small towns notHong bit a gas station bank and post office and a off and on cafe... so I understand the nothing there story just want to know how far is the closest walmart and dollar general and grocer.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:32 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,319,330 times
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2015, 01:44 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaHiggins View Post
Me and my husband are moving to Beaver city what is the shopping centers there example walmart. ..? We're a 4o sumthang in age just us n dogs. Both of us come from small towns notHong bit a gas station bank and post office and a off and on cafe... so I understand the nothing there story just want to know how far is the closest walmart and dollar general and grocer.
There is a Walmart in Lexington. Look at the store websites for their locations in Nebraska. Also Kansas - could possibly be closer. There is nothing for a young family with children to do in Beaver City. I would suggest you go to one of the larger cities in the area such as Kearney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska