Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 03:05 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Oane, kudos to you and your organization.

As much as I generally dislike Andrew Cuomo, NY's governor, he's refused to jump on the anti-refugee bandwagon, so my state will do what it's been doing since its founding as a Dutch colony in the early 17th century: welcoming people who want to start a new life in America.

I don't really care for Gov Cuomo either. I am glad he is not our Governor in Nebraska. It only takes one of these REFUGEES that is a Jihadist to kill American CITIZENS. If your Governor wants to take a chance on a rogue refugee killing New York citizens that is his business. However what guarantee is there that one of these refugees might decide to leave New York and move to another state (Nebraska)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 05:29 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Go hide in your storm cellar, pull your blankies over your head, and cower in the dark waiting for some foreign bogeyman to come get ya. You and "I'll make America Strong Again" Trump.

Can't go hide in cellars. If we did that, you folks would give away every good thing we have here, to Criminal Illegal Aliens and Jihadists. Don't fear any foreigners. You ultra liberals are scary enough.

Maybe you need that "Celler" worse than any one else. Maybe you can move in a half dozen Syrian Jihadists.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:27 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,687,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
This is a traditional leftist shaming technic that only makes the person that says it feel better. All other people reading will understand that they have ran out of common sense arguments to use.

The next level will be to start calling every one that disagrees a racist. This is just another way of making the accuser feel better and more superior.

It doesn't work.
Maybe if you weren't so taken to scare tactics you would actually look up the vetting process and realize it takes at minimum 2 years, involves the UN, who only accepts about 1 percent of the people who apply, who then refer them to agencies in the United States and other countries. Then, the FBI and department of Homeland Security perform background checks, run finger prints, and check countless other databases. Then there are medical screenings, cultural orientation classes, and people are matched up with agencies in the US if they are approved. Syrian refugees in particular have an additional round of screening on top of all of this. All before they reach American soil. Of the almost 750,000 refugees the US has taken in since 2000, only 3 have ever been arrested for plotting terrorism. 3.

So, from now on, how about instead of knee jerk blaming people and reading the latest from Breitbart and Rush Limbaugh, you actually consider real facts? And not something from a fear mongering website.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:00 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I don't really care for Gov Cuomo either. I am glad he is not our Governor in Nebraska. It only takes one of these REFUGEES that is a Jihadist to kill American CITIZENS. If your Governor wants to take a chance on a rogue refugee killing New York citizens that is his business. However what guarantee is there that one of these refugees might decide to leave New York and move to another state (Nebraska)?

Yep, they can always hop on a Greyhound, no screening there

Old 11-23-2015, 10:02 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Why do they want to bring over refugees when we have homeless living on the streets here

Old 11-23-2015, 10:13 PM

Were you an advocate for the homeless before this all happened or is it just a matter of convenience? Most people I see bring up the homeless to say we shouldn't take in refugees didn't really seem to care about them last week.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:22 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,320,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Maybe if you weren't so taken to scare tactics you would actually look up the vetting process and realize it takes at minimum 2 years, involves the UN, who only accepts about 1 percent of the people who apply, who then refer them to agencies in the United States and other countries. Then, the FBI and department of Homeland Security perform background checks, run finger prints, and check countless other databases. Then there are medical screenings, cultural orientation classes, and people are matched up with agencies in the US if they are approved. Syrian refugees in particular have an additional round of screening on top of all of this. All before they reach American soil. Of the almost 750,000 refugees the US has taken in since 2000, only 3 have ever been arrested for plotting terrorism. 3.

So, from now on, how about instead of knee jerk blaming people and reading the latest from Breitbart and Rush Limbaugh, you actually consider real facts? And not something from a fear mongering website.
Where did you get your information on the vetting process? Only the people at the top layers of government are saying this. Officials at the vetting agencies say that they can not vet them, there is no background information available for this. So it comes down to this, ether listen to the people that have to do the nuts and bolts work of vetting or listen to the upper layers of government that all get their marching orders from the White house and will be good servants of the Oval office and just quote the latest memo.

Please don't tell me you have not heard the anti vetting comments for current and former high officials in the government. Those news stories have been all over the news channels, CNN, Fox and yes I heard it on MSNBC. It's very dangerous to get information from one source and the information that you are quoting is all coming from one source.

Any common sense sane person would understand the politics and agenda of this refugee crisis and the position of the president on it. President Obama stopped the refugees from Iraq from coming here but he is letting the Syrian refugees in. Can you guess what the difference is. It as plain has the hand in front of your face. O' you can't see it, look again!

BTW I have heard the Breitbart name but have no idea who that is. I have never liked Rush Limbaugh and I have not heard more then a few hours of his radio show in the last 10 years. I have connected the dots on my own and use my 4 years working for the US government as a reference on how the system works.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
Where did you get your information on the vetting process? Only the people at the top layers of government are saying this. Officials at the vetting agencies say that they can not vet them, there is no background information available for this. So it comes down to this, ether listen to the people that have to do the nuts and bolts work of vetting or listen to the upper layers of government that all get their marching orders from the White house and will be good servants of the Oval office and just quote the latest memo.

Please don't tell me you have not heard the anti vetting comments for current and former high officials in the government. Those news stories have been all over the news channels, CNN, Fox and yes I heard it on MSNBC. It's very dangerous to get information from one source and the information that you are quoting is all coming from one source.

Any common sense sane person would understand the politics and agenda of this refugee crisis and the position of the president on it. President Obama stopped the refugees from Iraq from coming here but he is letting the Syrian refugees in. Can you guess what the difference is. It as plain has the hand in front of your face. O' you can't see it, look again!

BTW I have heard the Breitbart name but have no idea who that is. I have never liked Rush Limbaugh and I have not heard more then a few hours of his radio show in the last 10 years. I have connected the dots on my own and use my 4 years working for the US government as a reference on how the system works.
OK, so if you're going to make these claims, I'd like sources and quotes. You can't just say people have been saying this. And no, my information has not come from one source but the rather the UN, Politifact, the Guardian, and the US Government itself.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:21 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's good. If they have to come here, New York is a good place for them. ISIL already has said it wants a whack at Times Square. Should be good for the Tourist business also. Are you taking in a few?

Its not going to make much difference if Cuomo wants it or don't, since Congress will be the one deciding what he can or can not do. As a last resort, Citizens need to urge them to remove funding for this Circus.

Say "NO" loudly.

Exactly (except for that NY part [Yes, if you want to pick taxpayers' pockets, NY is the place to go]).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV315xqbRK8

Old 11-27-2015, 09:57 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Exactly (except for that NY part [Yes, if you want to pick taxpayers' pockets, NY is the place to go]).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV315xqbRK8

People need to watch these videos. THIS is what your wanting to come live next to you. Do you actually want these folks in your Neighborhood? Do you want them looting your home if they feel they want what you have? Do you want your children out there among them? If one of your Kids insults them, what do you think they would do?

The Media and our President want you to believe they came from the land of "Pooh" and all are just unfortunate harmless Teddy Bears, but look at this video. You can't make that stuff up.

THIS IS WHAT YOUR GETTING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska