Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,856 times

Advertisements

You all who complain about the cost of illegal immigration always come up with the costliest ways to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
You all who complain about the cost of illegal immigration always come up with the costliest ways to fix it.
so you think we should just forget about it and let them come here..sure, we don't have enough jobs for the people who are here legally and now we should close our eyes and let everyone in, plus give the benefits. While we are at it, let's encourage them to bring all their drugs with them??/

Nita

Old 03-03-2009, 07:31 AM

Legalize drugs and you'll kill Mexico's drug market into the US. No one is going to stop doing drugs because it's legal, as we see now, so legalize it and tax it. Problem solved.

The quickest way to solve the problem is to go ahead and legalize the people that are already here and then enforce the laws.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Legalize drugs and you'll kill Mexico's drug market into the US. No one is going to stop doing drugs because it's legal, as we see now, so legalize it and tax it. Problem solved.

The quickest way to solve the problem is to go ahead and legalize the people that are already here and then enforce the laws.
OMG, legalize drugs, give me a break and I am not talking about pot, I am talking about other drugs. As for legalizing all those here that was tried in 1986 and look what happened.????

Nope, not going to work..

Nita

Old 03-03-2009, 11:07 AM

I'm not talking just about pot. I'm talking about legalizing everything. Crack, coke, heroine, pills, acid, meth, and whatever. Drugs being illegal hasn't stopped their use and people find new ways to get high all the time. Look at the kids sniffing out of aerosol cans. You're not going to stop it so you might as well make money on it instead of spending money on it. All that illegalizing drugs has done is make thousands of Al Capone's around the world. Prohibition on alcohol caused all kinds of crime so how is the prohibition on drugs any different?

I don't know what you're talking about happening in 1986. That's the year I was born so I would have missed whatever it was.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:33 AM

398 posts, read 1,331,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
We need to stop illegal immigration NOW, that means prison for employers that hire illegals, and deportations by the hundreds or thousands per day. Anyone willing to hold a gun for $6 an hour should be hired to gaurd the border with orders to shoot anyone that touches the fence. I don't care if I have to pay more for meat at the store, as long as Americans are doing that work for a living wage instead of illegals. As for spanish in our schools, if a kid shows up for school and doesn't want to speak or learn in english, then expell that student for the year and let them come back and try again the next year.

When we get things straightened out and we need more workers to fill jobs no one will do......lets clear out the welfare roles and force them to relocate and do those jobs. We may still have to give them assistance to get them up to a living wage especially if they have lots of kids, but it's better than the generational dependence we have now. If they show up for work with an attitude, cut off all assistance to them and the attitude problem will clear up. If we have to convert a prison into a meat packing plant, thats fine too. And if we still need more workers after having done all of that, then we should take guest workers from many different countries all over the world. In such a way that no one country or language is prefered in the immigration process. That way it's not so easy for them to team up and run their national flag up the pole at the post office. Keeps the gangs split up better that way too.

Lots of good posts in this thread, reps given for you in here and other threads.

Oh, and want to add something important here. Its about time to get samples of everyones DNA in the database to put the brakes on crime and in particular, deadbeat dads. "I don't know who the daddy of my baby is" should no longer be accepted by the state. These fathers should be identified and forced to pay child support. If they won't pay, lock them up in a meat packing plant.
Yeah I must agree on this one. Illegal immigration from mexico is out of control. Mexico is a big country, They just got to many people trying to come here at once. The problem also lies in alot of them not wanting to assimilate and learn english. I mean s***, Its only gonna better their financial situation in the long run. Even 2nd and 3rd generation Hispanics agree, If we can learn english and they should be able to as well.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking just about pot. I'm talking about legalizing everything. Crack, coke, heroine, pills, acid, meth, and whatever. Drugs being illegal hasn't stopped their use and people find new ways to get high all the time. Look at the kids sniffing out of aerosol cans. You're not going to stop it so you might as well make money on it instead of spending money on it. All that illegalizing drugs has done is make thousands of Al Capone's around the world. Prohibition on alcohol caused all kinds of crime so how is the prohibition on drugs any different?

I don't know what you're talking about happening in 1986. That's the year I was born so I would have missed whatever it was.
You want to bet it hasn't stopped their use, I can almost guarantee you if they were legal more people would use them and we really need a bunch of druggies running around the streets every night or coming to work high..We already have enough to that.

Your referance to alcohol is another story. I think you need to check your facts and learn what really happened before you start making statements. First of all, prohibition in itself did not cause a lot of crime, it did cause speakesies to open but not hard crime and the difference was alcohol was legal, then they tried to make it illegal, that won't work. You can't take something away from people they have always had.

Now, I figured you were very young, you must be what 22 or 23? In 1986 Ronald Reagan signed into law, a bill that gave amnesty to all illegals living in America. It was a one time thing and didn't affect too many people..Now look at what we have...This is one of the reasons so many of us are opposed to granting them any rights..

When our families came from wherever, through Ellis Island, they usually had sponsors, someone to take care of them, help them get employment and make sure they had food and medical care. They did not live off the government, they had to have health certificates and they not only went to work the first day they arrived or soon after, they learned English as soon as they could and couldn't wait til they were elegible for citizenship..Ballots were not written in 2 or more languages, there were no signs in anything but English, if you had children they went to school where only one language was spoken (English) Were you aware of all this? Oh, I will add, there was a waitng list to even get to Ellis Island, not as long as today as there were not as many people, but you didn't just decide to jump on a boat and come to America. It took planning...

Nita

Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times
Been around since 1966, don't ever remember drugs being legal in the US, but LSD was still legal the year I was born. Perhaps Nita might be refering to Denmark, but they have been backing away from that position. They had junkies coming out of the wooodwork and it was considered a failure. Drugs make you feel good and people are going to buy them, but for many, the only thing that restricts use of their favorite poison is:

1) They are illegal and you might get arrested

2) They are expensive and you have to buy them from people you may not like (kind of the same thing with legal drugs, minus the gun)......they are inconvenient to buy

3) You might be fired from your job due to drug testing

If you took away those obstacles and combine it with the fact that people with drug "problems" have poor self control to begin with, tell me what's going to happen ? Your going to see 20 million people dead or in the hospital. The coke freaks are going to have heart trouble, the acid heads may end up in the psyco ward or with brain damage, the heroin and pill poppers will OD, the meth heads will shrivel up and die too. Guess who is going to pay for all their medical problems ?

We might be able to legalize pot and tax it, but there would need to be a change in drug testing laws, the insurance companies and the DOT are going to drag their feet kicking and screaming all the way.

Back to illegal immigration, secure the border and you will stop 95% of the people from crossing over. Deport all the troublemakers and gangsters, those that show up at the welfare office, vagrants and bums, people that refuse to learn english after being here 20 years (cubans too), mexicans playing with the wrong flagpole, ect. Deport them by the train car full down to El Paso and dump them across the border. And keep the border sealed.

Last edited by mofford; 03-03-2009 at 12:31 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Deporting them isn't going to stop the problem. Personally I'd rather have this country full of people resilient enough to make it into this country than all of the natural born sponges we have here.

Also the US doesn't have an official language so to demand that everyone speak English, while practical, isn't necessary. Even if the country was founded by people who spoke English they knew that it may not be English they would end up speaking since anyone could come in.

Nita-
If you don't think there wasn't spikes in crime during Prohibition, you are the one who is ill-informed. Yes everything that is now illegal was at one point legal and for sale long ago but most people don't realize it. There's always going to be new drugs. In fact NE just banned some kind of herb that had been legal up until a few weeks ago.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:00 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Terrorists are pretty resilient and resourceful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska