Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 PM

81 posts, read 159,774 times

Advertisements

Dey took our jobs!!!!!!!!!!

Dude don't come to Nebraska. There are so many Mexicans here. You would be miserable. They all live in vans and kill white women. You would hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 PM

187 posts, read 661,485 times
Nebraska is only 5.2% Hispanic. If you think that's "bad" then I'm glad you don't live in other parts of the country.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:06 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,701,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemarehippy View Post
Dey took our jobs!!!!!!!!!!

Dude don't come to Nebraska. There are so many Mexicans here. You would be miserable. They all live in vans and kill white women. You would hate it.
I don't want to argue with anyone on here. I'm from CA, I know what's up with this situation. They KILLED wages. Especially construction wages..in certain trades. They absolutely did. They've helped in some way, maybe large or small, in bankrupting this state. They get services up the a$$ here. 10-15 years ago being a carpenter may have provided you witha good trade and living. The hell with being a carpenter today. Illegal Mexicans will do it for half the pay. So, yeah they did take jobs. They killed the wages and took over the industry. They also did it in landscaping and they're probably taking over masonry. I hope they never learn plumbing and electrical....not everyone is college material. We need a few trades where someone can actually make a good living for their family if they choose that direction.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Not trying to argue with you either. You can't swing a dead Mexican without hitting a Mexican in Nebraska. Try further north. I also know of some groups you can join that support your cause. You might have to shave your head, but you would fit in just fine.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:03 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,001,124 times
How can you possibly blame an entire race for the economic woes of CA?? Really? You think its Mexicans who killed wages in construction jobs? Really? You might consider the fact that the real estate market completely collapsed in CA because of the bloated lifestyle californians led by constantly mortgaging their future.

Mexicans did NOT lead to the bankruptcy of the state of California. To even suggest such a think is racist ignorant and simply wrong. Do you want to know what bankrupted your state? The answer is GREED and the lack of personal responsibility.

Further, the way you constantly group "them" and "they" altogether makes me pretty sick. In your head you are actually blaming nearly all YOUR problems on a race. That same time of thinking was rampant in pre-WW II Germany.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:22 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,662,896 times
And not all Latinos are Illegal, a lot of them are legal, but you seem to think because they are Latinos, they must be illegal immigrants, and yes, blaming an entire race for every problem hasn't ever really worked out, last time that happened, well you know.....

Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,662,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Who's wants to frame houses for 8 buck an hour? The influx illegals has killed wages in a lot of trades. No one wants to fall off a roof for crap pay.

Also when a married couple comes here, well, they're married in Mexico. But documentattion doesn't exist here. So the husband works, the wife claims to be single and gets welfare for the kids. Seen it over and over in California. I'd like to move to NE, but I don't want to live around ANY illegals.

Another thing. All this influx, all the people. They aren't assimilating into our culture very well. That's a fact.
Cultural assimilation is bull, its more of a culture shift, that occurs, our culture will become more diverse, while they make certain changes to our culture, but still retain some of there own and we gain some of there culture, its been like that through every influx in history. Heck, I still keep a lot of my Norwegian, Polish and German cultures, at Christmas, we eat tons of Norwegian, Polish foods. Also, you'll notice different cultures in all sections of the country based on those people's origins. Miami has a large Cuban Culture, Nebraska has a Germanic culture, Northern Illinois, New York and New Jersey have large Italian Cultures, you can't go anywhere in this country without discovering cultures of other nationalities. That's a fact my friend.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 AM

1,181 posts, read 4,001,124 times
Its those damn Irish immigrants of the 1800s!! They took all our jobs and we've yet to recover!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:15 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,701,559 times
Ok, whatever. I'm done on this subject.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:52 AM

Thank you Nebraska C-D Forum. I have to say I was wrong about you (some of you). You make me proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska