Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 12:22 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,146,875 times

Advertisements

Whoever is doing the rain dance please stop. It isn't a bad here in the tri-cities as in southwest Nebraska, hopefully our southwest Nebraska residents haven't got any damage, they are getting hit the worst, a report from a relative south of McCook said they have 5 inches with no end in sight. Round 3 for us is suppose to come tonight, and they are saying another round tommorow. Guess that is spring in Nebraska.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 01:43 PM

94 posts, read 336,950 times
My kids drove home last night from North Platte to Curtis, they said it was so scary all the way home. I will be so glad when they are home tonight, looks like on the radar that they are getting hit again.

I am wondering what Stolley Park road is like in Grand Island, last time it rained like this, it flooded over by the cemetary and I had to sit in some guys garage, I could not get my Mazda down the road. Road was under water.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:59 AM

2,947 posts, read 1,675,007 times
LOL; Cute. It seems to be hitting mostly at night here in O. Wicked heavy wind and rain. No idea how many inches we've gotten. T-storms have woke me up 3 nights in a row. Neighbors lost one tree limb, but everything else looks o k in this area. I cannot recall last time the grass seemed to sprout up so quickly, Looks like I'll be mowing on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's pretty thick again.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:50 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
Well the Panhandle needs that rain with the drought they have, especially the northwestern part.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 PM

370 posts, read 1,356,211 times
I'll second that!

Send the rain to the panhandle!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:43 PM

15 posts, read 78,970 times
It seems that every Sunday I have open houses it either: Snows or rains.
I thought I would lose my web feet when I moved back to the mainland from Hawaii.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:26 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,682,897 times
Red face Um...Er... Sorry Bout that

When I came here last March and April, I was told that ya'll were in a drought situation, and that the cattle would suffer. Suddenly there were snowstorms almost every other day. Well, I came back this weekend, and the Sandhills are as green as an Irish landscape... and the rain just keeps coming. We drove thru some pretty wicked weather to get here, but I didn't think it would follow us!!!

I apologize; for some strange reason everywhere I move just seems to have a weather change. I am a little put out with it myself right now, as there is a 1/4 inch of water in part of my 'new' basement...

Again, I'm sorry... but think what this will do for the grasses....

Old 05-28-2008, 06:40 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
When I came here last March and April, I was told that ya'll were in a drought situation, and that the cattle would suffer. Suddenly there were snowstorms almost every other day. Well, I came back this weekend, and the Sandhills are as green as an Irish landscape... and the rain just keeps coming. We drove thru some pretty wicked weather to get here, but I didn't think it would follow us!!!

I apologize; for some strange reason everywhere I move just seems to have a weather change. I am a little put out with it myself right now, as there is a 1/4 inch of water in part of my 'new' basement...

So whereever in the state we need rain, we'll just invite you in... I think the Chadron area might want you to stay the weekend.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,146,875 times
Glad to see you made it, too bad you had water in your basement. I know several people that have that problem. Of course 7 inches of rain will do that!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:19 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,684,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post

Have you still not heard the Nebraskan weather motto? "If you don't like the weather in Nebraska, just wait 5 minutes, it will change."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska