Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 04:46 PM

13 posts, read 32,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
I really don't like bringing down a post this long, but it's nessasary to reply to it .

I understand that some areas of Nebraska are prejudice . But for you to be fair in your racial profiling of rural white reporting , you need to go visit some of the cities like Atlanta,Ga. New Orleans, Houston Tx and please don't leave out Miami Fl. ' , if you speak spanish, if not take a translator ' !

Although your university brainwashing may be complete and your mind may have been closed by the liberal professors in most collges now ,you may still learn a thing or two .

I am looking to move to S.Central Ne. soon . A small town where there is little crime [ not found in areas mentioned above ,Mi.Fl.,etc.] ; people still belive in God and know they aren't Him ; I don't have to speak foreign lango to correspond ; representitives don't cater to hate groups ,white or minority .

Don't go as reporter because these racist don't adverstise . go as a 'cute white catholic girl' . Get yourself a rude awakening . Don't go to any of the major cities or some parts of small town without being armed to the teeth or a bodyguard who is !

Good for the old man who understand that racism workd both ways . And for protecting his way of life and understanding that the Bill of Rights and Constitution gives us all the , ' RIGHT OF ASSOCIATION' and to PURSUE happiness, not a guarantee .

Reverse racism is alive and well . I fought for equal rights for minoritys, now I'm fighting for my own .

Also I am partial to Jews because I am Christian, but some jews are very liberal and against my God ,these I don't want living next door to me. let then take their secular anti-American liberal ways to one of the towns above . I'm sure the cities in Nebraska are better for not having an ACLU nearby . All my opinion .

Somewhere around GI or outskirts we are checking out for retirement . Not a white nationalist or liberal area where hate brews and all morals are left at the city entrance ways .

I'll return the favor.

(Much sarcasm to follow.)

Somehow I managed to actually be born in Houston and live there until I was 23 years old without ever being there. I AM AMAZING! I missed being there so much, apparently, that I somehow missed the fact that the fourth largest city in the United States is "rural."

Obviously, I missed all this because of my "liberal brainwashing" at the hands of the evildoers at the university.

I also somehow managed to live in "the hood" (the Bronx) for two years while doing an internship without being murdered. THOUGH, seriously the Bronx, when I left there, was becoming "trendy."

And I have no idea how to respond to most of your response to me because I literally didn't understand what it said, or how it applied to what I wrote.

I'm with ColeSD: I don't think you're necessarily a bad person, just misguided, like he said, but some of the rhetoric you're using is scary.

And I'm falling into "your trap." You don't seem to be able to communicate a feeling or thought without interjecting personal attacks, which is perhaps why, after reading a lot of your posts, why you're so mad at the world.

And you actually DO sound a LOT like a "white nationalist."

I think you need a hug.

Anyway... save for the property taxes, I love South Sioux.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
My Mother's side of the family came across the pond on the Mayflower.
A good friend of mine, who is Hispanic, had ancestors in N. America at the time my ancestors landed. Who is more American?

Hispanic does not always mean illegal.

GL2

EXCELLENT point and that is so cool you can trace back to the Mayflower! I know my family's heritage just back to both sets of grandparents, three of them born in Europe, one in Louisiana. I'm part Cajun.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I hear you ColeSD. That happens in our office, too. The point is we are supposed to be nice no matter what.

What should he do differently? He simply wants some respect for his son, a human being. He does not want his son to be called a "****" or whatever it was. It is not OK to call people names that are ethnic/racial slurs.
Hi PittNurse.
Honestly, back when I was working for Ronald McDonald, I think there was a bit of snobbery on my part (after introspection). I think I may have had a bit of "I'm better than this job"-ishness going on, but at the time I didn't.

BUT I really related to this fantastic book called "Nickel and Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenreich. It's all about, basically, crappy jobs! I think you'd like it... it's one of those books I recommend to everyone.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:07 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,234,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxlandLoisLane View Post
Hi PittNurse.
Honestly, back when I was working for Ronald McDonald, I think there was a bit of snobbery on my part (after introspection). I think I may have had a bit of "I'm better than this job"-ishness going on, but at the time I didn't.

BUT I really related to this fantastic book called "Nickel and Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenreich. It's all about, basically, crappy jobs! I think you'd like it... it's one of those books I recommend to everyone.
I read it and my daughter read it for a class she took at CU. It's interesting and gives some good insight into some jobs. I did not agree with everything she said. I guess that's a good thing; she made me think.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 PM

189 posts, read 216,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
My Mother's side of the family came across the pond on the Mayflower.
A good friend of mine, who is Hispanic, had ancestors in N. America at the time my ancestors landed. Who is more American?

Hispanic does not always mean illegal.

GL2
I hate to be off thread, but cannot resist adding to this one:
I worked with a Mexican man in Michigan. Because of his hispanic name, a customer called, asked for him. He handed me the phone, "Can you translate?" (He knew I could speak some Spanish)
I then asked him why he didn't know any Spanish. his surname is Mexican. BUT his heritage in USA goes back further than mine. His family was in California when it became part of the USA. And growing up there, it was not fashionable there for anyone to speak Spanish.He said maybe his great great great...grandparents spoke Spanish.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM

17 posts, read 67,906 times
I just read absolutely everything written by Ga. I actually vomited.

I'm cancelling my account, I'm that disgusted.

and since Gapeach hates gay people, hispanics, liberals, "not real jews," "fake christians," people who are HIV positive, people from big cities, rural people from blue states, people with college educations, people in interracial relationships, people who can't speak english, people who don't like guns, hippies, and APPARENTLY also people who HAVE DICTIONARIES, she would absolutely fit right in in a small little town on the missouri river.

VILE.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 PM

4,531 posts, read 8,822,274 times
Amy99 I think you need to reread the posts by GaPeach. She can stir up some strong emotions with her direct way of saying things but SOME of her points are valid. I suggest you put on some hot chocolate and add just a bit of Rum and go through her posts again. She may not be politically correct but is that a crime?
Gl2

Old 01-04-2008, 09:26 PM

116 posts, read 339,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
You choose to be a bi-racial family . Some people like to associate with their own kind, it is not a white thing, ' LARAZA ' and BLACK POWER ,etc..

Nothing wrong with this, but since you 'chose' to buck the raial system, you may have to deal with it. My best friend for 50 years now is an native indian ,we use to be called salt and pepper .

I got a fruitcake for Christmas.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:27 PM

214 posts, read 472,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxlandLoisLane View Post
I'll return the favor.

(Much sarcasm to follow.)

Somehow I managed to actually be born in Houston and live there until I was 23 years old without ever being there. I AM AMAZING! I missed being there so much, apparently, that I somehow missed the fact that the fourth largest city in the United States is "rural."

Obviously, I missed all this because of my "liberal brainwashing" at the hands of the evildoers at the university.

I also somehow managed to live in "the hood" (the Bronx) for two years while doing an internship without being murdered. THOUGH, seriously the Bronx, when I left there, was becoming "trendy."

And I have no idea how to respond to most of your response to me because I literally didn't understand what it said, or how it applied to what I wrote.

I'm with ColeSD: I don't think you're necessarily a bad person, just misguided, like he said, but some of the rhetoric you're using is scary.

And I'm falling into "your trap." You don't seem to be able to communicate a feeling or thought without interjecting personal attacks, which is perhaps why, after reading a lot of your posts, why you're so mad at the world.

And you actually DO sound a LOT like a "white nationalist."

I think you need a hug.

Anyway... save for the property taxes, I love South Sioux.

Thanks for the hug, but I know it will cost me sooner or later . No not a WN . I never said the bronx was still a bad place, even i can read the news . They threw out all the hoodlums and inserted white collar criminals last i heard ,just kidding . I did say that muslimsstand on the streets of NYC and stomp and tear our flag un-challenged .

Maybe if you had spent more time getting informed and less indoctrinated you could understand better what you read ?

oxoxoxoxoxox hugs and kisses

Old 01-04-2008, 09:35 PM

116 posts, read 339,595 times
What's Papillion like? I've never been there and have 'limited experience' in the Omaha area overall but my wife's cousin loves it there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska