Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,856 times

Advertisements

Well I don't know what part of Nebraska you're moving to but even the worst spots I can think of aren't even that bad. Move to Omaha and you'll be fine. Also not everyone likes the huskers. I can't stand them so you won't be alone.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:29 PM

16 posts, read 76,486 times
WARNYOU:

That picture is tooo Funny! LMAO!!! I love it!

Old 02-15-2007, 10:25 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,066,287 times
Cafe du monde I've got another one for you, they were the "Bugeaters" when they first formed a football team. Nebraskans will be so impressed with your knowledge of this.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:37 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Do you realize Nebraska is the only state that people really bash, and boy do they get into it. So... who do you think the joke's really on??
Poleeez!! Ever heard of California and Florida. Honestly, I've never heard a poor remark towards Nebraska. Haha, you haven't seen real criticism.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Most Nebraskans think easterners like me have horns and are the root of all evil. I have even been told by some "you're ok for an easterner"! The holier than thou attitude really annoys me. BTW, I am from the land of Ben Franklin. Too bad you guys can't give Pittsburgh a little recognition on your map.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:13 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,199,246 times
Default pittnurse

Everywhere you go, people think they are holier and better than you... It's human nature, it's just here people at least attempt to be friendlier than most other places.. When you go from a place where people attempt to be friendly to the east where you are not used to how people live out there, people seem pretty rude... I think people in vegas are very rude, but I lived there for a year and became accustomed to how they are out there and it wasn't so bad, then I moved back and everyone seemed friendlier than before... The point is that human nature labels, depicts, opinionates and draws biased conclusions based off of emotions without research. I don't believe that to be an evil, just an annoying part of who we are...

Old 02-17-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
Everywhere you go, people think they are holier and better than you... It's human nature, it's just here people at least attempt to be friendlier than most other places..
That is exactly what I mean about holier than thou. ". . . here people at least attemp to be friendlier than most places". Get on the Pittsburgh forums and you read about how friendly the people are especially compared with (insert city here). And there is, at least among the Nebraskans I have met, an attitude that they are somehow better. The one who said I was OK for an easterner was my husband, and when I said I thought that was a back-handed compliment, he couldn't understand what I meant! I said, "what about the rest of my family and everyone I grew up with? You are dissing them by that statement". BTW, he has a PhD.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 PM

Default the way i see it

pitt nurse you took a part of a whole sentence let alone paragraph to make me look like I was being rude, and I think that is bull... People like you are the worst, you take bits and pieces of things to create a drama for display to make a certain individual or group look bad... Why don't you go to your Pittsburgh forum, or have you not had enough of us?

Old 02-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
pitt nurse you took a part of a whole sentence let alone paragraph to make me look like I was being rude, and I think that is bull... People like you are the worst, you take bits and pieces of things to create a drama for display to make a certain individual or group look bad... Why don't you go to your Pittsburgh forum, or have you not had enough of us?
Just who is being rude here? I believe you just called me "the worst". You say the holier than thou attitude is human nature, then say that ". . . here people at least attemp to be friendlier than most places". As if Nebraska were some exception to human nature. Everyone has their biases. The title of the thread is "How Nebraska sees the rest of the Country". One of the rules of this forum is "no personal attacks". BTW, I do not live in Pittsburgh.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:41 PM

Well you did say that we don't put Pittsburgh on the map.... No biggie, I just stated that in Nebraska we attempt more to be friendly, I can confirm this not just as a Nebraskan, but someone who has lived in several places and from other people from different states. Pittnurse when I stated that, it wasn't that I think I'm a better person that other people, I stated that everywhere people are the same, that we just try to be friendlier... I never said that we are better than you or anything to that matter... And then you took a part of a sentence which was part of a paragraph which took all of it to describe a single event, and tried to show everyone that I was preaching that we are better people than the rest of the country, which is not the case... I gave you a label, just as you gave us "Nebraskan's" a label, and that was that you take a piece of a picture and tried to show it to other people as the example that I was tried to portray... which is very deceptive and just plain wrong, Pittnurse it is not very nice to come to a Nebraska board to attack a state because we do not live to your liking, if you don't like us, you do not have to be a part of it, and I understand that not everyone believes in the same thing and therefore there will always be conflicts of perception and opionion, my opionion of the other places I've been too was that they were not as friendly on the outside which is different than here, but I never attacked them for that, because that is how they live in their region. Your attack on the people of Nebraska is actually an example of what you were attacking us about "the holier than thou" approach. You are doing it to us in the posts you have made... Once again that is human nature and not wrong as everyone grows differently and in their lifetime they come across different events leading them to different perceptions and not understanding other peoples, which in turn makes them think they are better than the other people... That is the way it is, it is life, it is personality, it is human nature, and it is something you obviously still need to get over as there is so much more in life to focus on that something as trivial and silly as that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska