Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:48 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,874,181 times

Advertisements

I love to roam the back roads on my motorcycle in the warm weather months. Great eating places are always high on my agenda. I live in Lincoln but I travel all over the state.
At the top of my list of best eating places in Nebraska: The CHANCES R in York! I should qualify that. I ALWAYS order their fried chicken. Other than the fried chicken of my Grandmother and Mother that has to be the best I have found. Friends that order other stuff off the menu tell me that everything there is outstanding.

I haven't ventured out on the motorcycle for two weeks now because of icy streets. As soon as the weather warms up I will start heading out. I hope lots of you post suggestions that I can check out.

GL2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 10:14 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,562,245 times
For Fast Food you can't beat Runza.

Agree with you on Chances-R

For cheap fried fish try the bar in Bee Nebraska

The new Nebraska Brewing Company in Papillion is very good (and locally owned)

Old 12-21-2007, 10:33 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,874,181 times
Dave 1215

My favorite on the Runza menu is the Mushroom, Bacon, Cheeseburger. Great food for a fast food joint.
I will add your place in Bee to my list Thanks

GL2

Old 12-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I will add your place in Bee to my list Thanks

GL2

It is a real dive hole in the wall... not sure if they serve every night or just Fri nite.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:17 PM

1,821 posts, read 5,152,045 times
There is a real good place in McCool Junction that name escapes me. Go on Wednesday's to Bubba's in Strang for Wing night. They give you a new tablecloth and paper towels and dump everything on the table and eat away. Agree with Chances R and Runza, also Amigos. Tubs Pub in Sumner and Uncle Bucks in Brewster are also good. There is a really neat ice cream parlor in Broken Bow on the square. Ok Cafe in Hastings is good, I think I could go on, but I'm making myself hungry. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:18 PM

The cafe in the hotel in Bassett is very good down home cooking. A great stop if you are going across the state via the Northern route. It looks/feels/smells the same as when I was a little kid... same old pictures and furniture. Love the place.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:34 PM

3 posts, read 29,132 times
I would have to say the ice cream parlor in Broken Bow it's a really neat place to grab some ice cream. it has a nice scene outside because it is at the downtown square.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,068,220 times
There's a restaurant in Chapman that's really good. We went there last time I was home, I had salmon and my friends had steak and prime rib, they go there quite often. The steamed brocolli is the best I've ever had, I couldn't stop eating it. For a tiny little berg it was absolutely packed, so I know there were others there from Central City and Aurora and such.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:47 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,237,291 times
(Some of these are out of business now, but I remember them fondly)
Bogner's Steakhouse--Crofton
Bob's Bar--Martin
Sioux Sundries--Harrison
Wagon Wheel Drive-in--Gordon
RF Goeke's--Atkinson (old fashioned soda fountain)
Taco Town--Scottsbluff
Homestead Steakhouse--Stuart
Allison's (steakhouse)--O'Neill
The hotel in Hyannis (I'm drawing a blank at what it's called)
Peppermill--Valentine
Stubbs--Thedford
Seinerts Bakery--McCook (Bierocks! Aka runzas)

That's what I can think of right now.
As a side note, there was a book called "Eating Nebraska" that came out about 15 years ago. A lot of the eateries mentioned are now defunct, but I wonder if there's a new printing?

Old 12-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,068,220 times
Douthits steak house in Ord used to be good years ago, I don't know if it still is. The Starlite bar up there had the best hot roast beef plate back when too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska