Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:19 AM

79 posts, read 205,619 times

Advertisements

I would like to have any information about Sargent regarding property tax rate, utility rates comparisons and overall social makeup of Sargent. I have done some research but it's all mostly statistical with nothing from people who have lived there all their life, a few years or nearby.

I did see that the makeup of City Hall is also run by the people who "WORK" for the city which I find to be very irregular when it comes to job issues and pay raises. Most cities don't allow city employees to hold public office as it is a conflict of interest, which is very true.

Would be hard to complain to a councilman about the streets when that councilman is in charge of street repairs, eh? I imagine you get my drift.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,941 times
It's not at all unusual for small towns. There are only so many bodies, afterall.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:15 PM

It would be a lucrative job to have wouldn't it. Set your own pay raises? Kind of like being in congress.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:17 PM

Well that's the thing about a small town also.
People tend to notice these things immediately. I'm going to guess it's not particularly "lucrative" to work as an employee of the town of Sargent.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Well that's the thing about a small town also.
People tend to notice these things immediately. I'm going to guess it's not particularly "lucrative" to work as an employee of the town of Sargent.

I would definitely agree. BTW, where has SCGranny been? I wanted to go visit her while in Valentine for class reunion but it was a blurr of a trip. She's gotta be a fun person to meet. Someday.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 PM

If I recall, she's a gardener. And it is that time of year...

Old 07-18-2009, 12:15 PM

14 posts, read 39,285 times
I just found this keltec, instead of offering a description of the city of Sargent, I would suppest that you do some reading on the following site;

sargentnebraskacitizens.com

It will give a pretty good explanation of what is happening in the City of Sargent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltec View Post
I would like to have any information about Sargent regarding property tax rate, utility rates comparisons and overall social makeup of Sargent. I have done some research but it's all mostly statistical with nothing from people who have lived there all their life, a few years or nearby.

I did see that the makeup of City Hall is also run by the people who "WORK" for the city which I find to be very irregular when it comes to job issues and pay raises. Most cities don't allow city employees to hold public office as it is a conflict of interest, which is very true.

Would be hard to complain to a councilman about the streets when that councilman is in charge of street repairs, eh? I imagine you get my drift.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:20 PM

I hope that you got or get my information, please look at sargentnebraskacitizens.com, I think you will find it interesting and informative, to say the least.

Richard68874

Old 07-19-2009, 09:05 AM

Yup, very very interesting. I tried to join the blog but it wouldn't work. Seems like my first intuition about the wolves guarding the flock is right on after reading some of the blog. So darn typical. But with a blog such as that one, the real citizens have a way to organize and put an end to the pillaging of the taxpayer's purse.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:32 AM

I wondered about if this site/blog was being controlled to the extent that folks such as yourself outside of the Sargent area would even be getting the information, or for that matter be able to comment on what they see, apparently not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska