U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 AM

2,442 posts, read 4,455,109 times

Advertisements

Does Nebraska feature much in travel writing? The only book I've found is 'Storm Country' by Pete Davies where the author visits Arnold, Berwyn, Ainsworth, Minatare, Nebraska City and Rushville.

Tri-State Livestock News online magazine has some nice features on rural Nebraska and I like the short videos on Nebraska towns and cities in The Road Less Traveled on Nebraska.TV

Anything else out there, online or in print?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 PM

252 posts, read 659,549 times
Perhaps you already know about Nebraska Life Magazine. Very nice photos and articles about Nebraska.

Also, there is a website called nebraskaruralliving.com that has excellent essays and pics. It is launched and monitored from Holdrege, NE, by entrepreneurs looking for a way to live rural.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:24 AM

704 posts, read 1,680,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BereniceUK View Post
Does Nebraska feature much in travel writing? The only book I've found is 'Storm Country' by Pete Davies where the author visits Arnold, Berwyn, Ainsworth, Minatare, Nebraska City and Rushville.

Tri-State Livestock News online magazine has some nice features on rural Nebraska and I like the short videos on Nebraska towns and cities in The Road Less Traveled on Nebraska.TV

Anything else out there, online or in print?

Google "Roger Welsch." He's a writer form Nebraska who's favorite topic is Nebraksa. He's got lots of stuff you would find interesting I imagine.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 PM

Thank you for the reminder about Nebraska life magazine, I'd forgotten about that. I look forward to buying a copy later this year.

And thanks for the suggestion of Roger Welsch. I'm certainly interested in finding at least a couple of his books

Old 01-11-2010, 03:48 PM

2,707 posts, read 5,620,991 times
There's also Nebraskaland magazine. More wildlife, scenery where Nebraska Life is more people oriented. Better photography IMO.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,288,843 times
I have a friend who is in the process of beginning a web site on his nebraska travels, don't believe its up yet but addy should be www.nebraskaadventures.com Ok after looking at the addy, that may not be the addy, but sure thught it way.

Last edited by Sandhills Guru; 01-11-2010 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: explanation of addy

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,288,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
There's also Nebraskaland magazine. More wildlife, scenery where Nebraska Life is more people oriented. Better photography IMO.

2 great publications there for sure.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
Great looking magazines; hope I can find copies when I'm over.

Thanks for all the suggestions :-)

Old 01-31-2010, 07:38 PM

153 posts, read 265,805 times
Go to the Nebraska State Parks web page and check out the areas that dot the state where one can eat, sleep and be at peace while enjoying the true "off the interstate" beauty of Nebraska. Niobrara is my favorite...along with the Mountain Oysters at the Ft. Robinson dining hall....

Old 02-10-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xube View Post
Go to the Nebraska State Parks web page and check out the areas that dot the state where one can eat, sleep and be at peace while enjoying the true "off the interstate" beauty of Nebraska. Niobrara is my favorite...along with the Mountain Oysters at the Ft. Robinson dining hall....
Our reservations are made now - we're staying one night in Arthur and the second in Imperial. Looking forward to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska