Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:17 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,860,391 times

Advertisements

I have been all over Texas and have lived in Nebraska for over 40 years and visited every corner of the state. I see a lot of similarities in the two. For the most part geography and weather are the two huge differences. I have run across some jerks in both states but they were rare. 99.99% of the people I have met in either state were OK.

The only thing Texas has that I have never seen in Nebraska are scorpions and Saltwater. No thanks to scorpions.

Dennis

Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 AM

5 posts, read 7,807 times
Default Texas people

Scottsbluff NE is like living on another planet

Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,230,247 times
Nebraska has cowboys.
Texas just has people who wear hats.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John08 View Post
Economics. Our economy isn't in the toilet.

Wealth Pathfinder
Actually Texas has one of the nation's largest and strongest economies.

Difference between the people: Very little, if any from my experience. Maybe a bit of a southern accent on Texas' part, but that's it.

Difference between the states: Climate, Texas' large urban centers, landscape is much different with Texas boasting ocean front real estate.

However, I could venture to say there are many more similarities between the two.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:56 PM

704 posts, read 1,871,069 times
the difference is who they cheer for on gameday.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:51 PM

232 posts, read 302,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoan View Post
Ok, fine, now I'll ask. What are the primary differences between the states? Other than size.
To start positive: Nebraska: Just abolished their DP. LGBT and same sex marriage OK. They also have a unique legislature that is "Unicameral" (One House) and the ONLY one in the 50 states, so no back and forth eg. House and Senate. In short IMO a very progressive state (and beautiful). It's also the home of Warren Buffet, a very savvy businessman.
Negative, Texas: (IMO) all of the above are cancelled out eg. or the opposite. Texas also starts (historically) most of our wars with their defense contracts connected to the country's war-machine. In "W's" first presidential debate (with Al Gore) he said: "I've been the governor of another country." Texas truly IS "another country" and would like too secede. IMO 2 states as they say like "oil and water."

Old 11-27-2015, 07:38 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp1 View Post
To start positive: Nebraska: Just abolished their DP. LGBT and same sex marriage OK. They also have a unique legislature that is "Unicameral" (One House) and the ONLY one in the 50 states, so no back and forth eg. House and Senate. In short IMO a very progressive state (and beautiful). It's also the home of Warren Buffet, a very savvy businessman.
Negative, Texas: (IMO) all of the above are cancelled out eg. or the opposite. Texas also starts (historically) most of our wars with their defense contracts connected to the country's war-machine. In "W's" first presidential debate (with Al Gore) he said: "I've been the governor of another country." Texas truly IS "another country" and would like too secede. IMO 2 states as they say like "oil and water."
So, a plus to Nebraska is that a con artist like Buffett (the guy who dabbles heavily in banks and got plenty of bailouts) lives there? Wanna' try again? If that's progressive...

Old 12-02-2015, 06:08 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,860,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicoan View Post
Ok, fine, now I'll ask. What are the primary differences between the states? Other than size.
Geographically Texas has it all.
However for a "landlocked" State Nebraska ain't bad.. Give me Texas for Geography and Nebraska for the people. Not that I don't know some great Texans.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 AM

2,234 posts, read 3,318,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
However for a "landlocked" State Nebraska ain't bad.. Give me Texas for Geography and Nebraska for the people. Not that I don't know some great Texans.
Here's the difference,

Nebraska has 1.8 million people.

Nebraska is forecast to have 1.9 million in 5-10 years

Texas has 30 million but 28 million of them are in Eastern Texas.

Estimates are that if current population continue that Eastern Texas will be the most populace state in the country in 10-20 years with about 40 million

Eastern Texas and Nebraska are about the same size.

Texas is forecast to be a liberal state in the next 5-10 years, in fact Texas is referred to as a purple state now.

Texas has less water available for farming.

The soil quality sucks in Texas.

It's way too hot in Texas.

Nebraska has more cattle then Texas.

The Eastern half of Nebraska is rich farming soil.

Nebraska is Green and Texas is sand color.

The rivers in Texas are the same size as creeks in Nebraska.

Nebraska doesn't have insect problems because of hard freezes in the winter.

Texas has lower taxes.

Nuclear weapons are manufactured in Texas.

Nuclear weapons are launched and delivered to their targets from Bellevue Nebraska (STRATCOM)

Old 12-03-2015, 07:26 AM

232 posts, read 302,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Good point. It took me awhile to realize that scenery meant nothing. It's the people that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska