U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 PM

72 posts, read 126,436 times

Advertisements

Why is it that people still beleive in these lying,cheating,stealing poloticians?
Repulicans and democrats tell the people what they want to hear, promise them the world and then shi**** on them when they get elected only to get voted in again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 11:02 AM

2,589 posts, read 9,804,118 times
We all (me included) need to quit complaining and become part of the process - run for a local office, get appointed to a local board, volunteer to help a civic organization that betters the community. We need to take our cities back and stop depending on federal control.

The best way to change is to get honest people into office and that starts at the local level. Local politics is the closest thing to the people and local politics, if healthy, can influence state and national politics.

Get involved

Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM

19,909 posts, read 23,446,044 times
All voters need to enter a Liars Anonymous group. It may or may not solve the problem.

Mankind can live longer without food than lies in their lives. Subconsciously, we crave lies, can't survive without them. And the politicians are only doing what's needed to satisfy our subconscious cravings.

A lie is sweet in the beginning, bitter in the end, truth is bitter in the beginning, sweet in the end. That's the dilemma right there, mankind's initial sweet-tooth. Life is far too stressful to be clobbered over the head with the truth. Any number of truths, at this point in time, could trigger mass heart attacks and suicides.

No point in giving any political candidates lie detector tests. My true crime book readings have revealed that sociopaths can pass these with flying colors. A sociopath: someone insensitive to their own feelings and the feelings of others.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 PM

9,729 posts, read 18,627,251 times
Like Dave says, try being a politician for awhile. There aren't many qualifications for it. Sign up and run. And if you won't do that, quitcherbitchin.

I've known hundreds of politicians. Most are honest, hard-working people who only want to help. Some aren't.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:46 PM

5 posts, read 16,477 times
Personally, I don't think it's just politicians... it's everyone on this earth. Politicians are the ones we hear about because they're obviously going to be more publicly criticized and analyzed than your average Joe. My father-in-law to be is a politician, and he's very highly respected in our area. I'm sure he's let some people down, but haven't we all? I love him to death and could never ask for a better, more honest and trustworthy man for a father-in-law.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 PM

This is one major part of the problem with this country is that somehow no one will come to grips with the united states police forcing the world or having 25% of the worlds prison population or the billons of dollars sent to israel every week or your government lying and saying that health care is breaking this country hhhaaa real funny it could have nothing to do with the fact the united states has troops in 143 countries out of 195 countries in the world and also that the nafta has destroyed our industrial superpower we once were.
I could not be more appalled at the responses that i have received from a simple question people have turned my question around and tried to blame me for this mess?
Getting involved even in local polotics is expensive time consuming and usally a waste of time because the feds and states maintain to much control.
Now try to run for govener or a senate seat or president?Be realistic you either have to be rich famous or both.
All of us have been lied to about the iraq war by both parties first by bush who claimed weapons of mass destruction then obama who in my opinon won due to his claim that we would be out of iraq in 3 to 6 months i beleive a act which not even god could pull off but yet people still beleive this garabge.
What gives us the right to murder saddam hussein and take over his and the iraqs country and claim that we are right and they are wrong?hmmm
I did have no use for saddam but have no use for obama or bush and will not except the fact that our government is right and other peoples is wrong.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
We all (me included) need to quit complaining and become part of the process - run for a local office, get appointed to a local board, volunteer to help a civic organization that betters the community. We need to take our cities back and stop depending on federal control.

The best way to change is to get honest people into office and that starts at the local level. Local politics is the closest thing to the people and local politics, if healthy, can influence state and national politics.

Get involved
I was not complainig but simply stating the facts and to be part of a process that claims hanging chads and disfunctional voting machines are to blame is ridiculous but if that is what you want to beleive so be it.

I do agree that if what you mentioned in your response could be done it should and would be done but do to tremendous propaganda and lies distributed by our government and total control over every aspect of the citizens lifes makes this practically impossible i like your ideas.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:13 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,740,952 times
You are not stating the facts. You are stating your opinions, which is completely fine, but another big problem with this country is the difficulty that some have in separating facts from opinion. Just because some tacks on "enough said" at the end of a diatribe does not make it a fact.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
You are not stating the facts. You are stating your opinions, which is completely fine, but another big problem with this country is the difficulty that some have in separating facts from opinion. Just because some tacks on "enough said" at the end of a diatribe does not make it a fact.
It is a fact the united states is police forcing the world and also fact the us has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the worlds prison population and that is true by our own governments numbers.
Now if a county or country has 194 people and 143 are controlled by one person you could say the one person is in control or police forcing this county or country . These are facts not opinon.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 PM

209 posts, read 385,325 times
Fact is, we should not trust these politicians, but rather hold their feet to the fire. Too bad that many folks continue to want to give these politicians more and more power over their lives. Can you spell health-care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or