Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,646 times

Advertisements

I am going to be in Lincoln for a night or two (at the end of May) and was wondering what I should look into doing while there? I am 23 and am just wanting to relax and have fun so if you know of anyplace to go please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:23 PM

123 posts, read 409,061 times
I'm not gonna lie, but there's not a whole lot to do in Lincoln. But it's pretty cool to tour the capital building since it's free and you can take an elevator to the top to catch the view.

The weather's great, why not take a walk around the Hay Market and dine somewhere there. Buzzard Billy's is a really good cajun style restaurant. On O Street there's a fantastic Chinese buffet called the China Buffet/Mongolian Grill...it's not much to look at but the food is awesome.

Pioneers Park has some really cool nature hiking at the inner part of the park. That closes at 5 PM.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:12 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sage1 View Post
. But it's pretty cool to tour the capital building since it's free and you can take an elevator to the top to catch the view.
I am going to branched oak (Lincoln lake) for 3-4 days memorial weekend.
Camping and a high school graduation in Lincoln. Students last name Stock.

If you or someone could give me the hours of operation to take my son to the capital and ride up the elevator it would be greatly appreciated.

Plus I can ride him up once and make him look and all the other wonders of the capital before I let him go to the top again.

PM me in edition to posting these hours of operation please.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:35 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,316 times
Not sure if you are into history at all, but there are a couple of good museums to check out if that is your thing. Namely, the University of Nebraska State Museum and the Nebraska History Museum.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM

696 posts, read 1,726,465 times
Thanks Sage if you or someone else has a PC question or needs something looked at
I would be glad to take a look.

I will be taking my son to the capital not this but next weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska