Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM

9 posts, read 51,655 times

Advertisements

If anyone lives in the Laughlin, NV area... My fiance and I are interested in moving there... however we have a german shep/husky mix and I cannot find any apartments that will allow us with her. We also have a cat, but he isnt the problem.

I love my Kola girl, thats her name. We had our hearts set on moving to Laughlin but I am getting really upset about the fact of "breed restriction". Kola would never harm anyone, heck she sleeps with the cat.

Does anyone have any ideas, or apartments that they know of that allow a GSD mix?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,224 times
hi,
Not sure any of the apartments allow large breed dogs. Of course your baby is not the mean type, but the size may be an issue with the apartments in Laughlin. I would strongly suggest a house rental instead, after living there 7 years with 3 dogs.
There are many home rentals that will take dogs, -check with some of the rental agencies. Maybe provide a letter from your old tenant on the kind disposition of your pets helpful. Most do have back yards - look for one with some shade as well.
It is Extrememly hot there in the summer. I had three dogs when i lived there and found it very beneficial to have my own back yard for their exercise - since walking on the pavement in summer will burn their feet, and their eyes - yes, it is Very hot there - there was no dog park when I was there -pretty sure there still isn't. I would look for a rental house - or a foreclosure -
Another option, across the bridge into Bullhead, Arizona. Many people
that work in Laughlin, live in Arizona - or even Needles, California.
I sure hope this helps, - if you have not visited the area, for sure do that before you move there - and visit with some of the town folk - Best wishes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada