Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:58 PM

135 posts, read 705,781 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have info on this area?? I have heard this will be the next big area in Nevada...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM

89 posts, read 502,624 times
We went through there last year and there were older areas but it wasn't nasty and yes you can see they are gearing up. Building nice homes,etc. I'm pretty picky and used to nicer things and I would live there. It was way nicer than than ElPaso Tx, Or Carlsbad, NM, or Silver City NM,etc or any part of Southern NM for that matter.

I don't know if this helps but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:00 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,503,768 times
Do a search for Pahrump; lots of info there.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,047,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear1970 View Post
Does anyone have info on this area?? I have heard this will be the next big area in Nevada...
Pahrump is a very nice place if you want almost rural near a big city.

It has structural problems which will likely make it not viable as a bigger city. It regures some difficult decision to grow a lot more. It is badly situated to make those decisions.

A very nice place if you are careful and understand the limitations.

Old 08-11-2007, 05:36 PM

135 posts, read 705,781 times
Thanks for your help. We are doing a move to Nevada and we are trying to figure out where to go.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:57 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,447,604 times
I keep looking in the Northwestern area. So much talk about building things up that way. Golf courses, more homes, etc... Will end up being 30-45 minutes from the city, but that is okay with me. Hope to find some small job in the Northwest to make it even out. Huge Mall going up that way ... just not sure exactly where.
It's my understanding that the commute from Pahrump to Las Vegas is about an hour and through the mountains.
Keep reading in this forum though..this is the best one I have found. Speaking of good forums, does anyone know of any others that provide similar information that is as active as this one? Thank You.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:13 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,376,837 times
Pahrump has allot of retirees. Also test site workers. Well, use to. You do go through a mountain pass that does get snow in the winter so it can hamper travel some there are allot of commuters. but the rest is through the desert. The town has grown and continues to not at the rest of Vegas though and the people like it just fine.
They use to do a nice fireworks display on the 4th dont know about now. They have a golf course don't know if they have more than one now or not. It is a slower feel than Vegas. Houses are more affordable.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,389,201 times
Pahrump...dump, dump. Pahrump, dump, dump....dahhhhh!

[an old mystery tune]

Old 08-16-2007, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 11,921 times
I used to spend summers in Pahrump when I was a kid growing up 20 years ago. Being born and raised and from Santa Cruz it was quite a huge difference, we had so much fun, we loved to go up wheeler pass and up into the charcoal kilns, not to mention swimming in the natural hot springs where the Pupfish are (I doubt you could ever get in there now) Hunting Jack rabbits at night, in the dodge power wagon, 2 in front and 2 in back with 12 gages rotating and taking turns, taking the sand rail and dirt bikes up in the hills, lighting fireworks on the dry lake through 1/2 the night, talk about great times.

I've heard the real-estate is a bit over priced but they're trying to get away with that where ever they can in other areas of the country so i'm not surprised.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:57 PM

21 posts, read 51,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummersEve View Post
We went through there last year and there were older areas but it wasn't nasty and yes you can see they are gearing up. Building nice homes,etc. I'm pretty picky and used to nicer things and I would live there. It was way nicer than than ElPaso Tx, Or Carlsbad, NM, or Silver City NM,etc or any part of Southern NM for that matter.

I don't know if this helps but I thought I would put in my 2 cents.
Silver City has been one of our favorite 'possible' retirement locations for years, but I'm learning all I can about Pahrump now. Any facts to compare the two?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada