Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 06:26 PM

123 posts, read 345,290 times

Advertisements

Hello. I've done a couple of google searches but want to clarify a few things and ask about a few things I have not found the answers to all of my questions...
Does anyone have concrete/factual information or no were I can find clear information about Nevada's Domestic Partnership?

Does offer all of the same rights & responsibilities as Marriage?
-Rights/protection for hospital visit's making "next of kin" medical decisions?
-Property rights; shared &/or joint property ownership &/or inheritance?
-Right to be on partners health insurance?
-Right for same-sex parents to both go on a child's birth certificate?
-Right/ability to do 2nd parent or step-parent adoption?
-Protection from employment discrimination based on partnership status or sexual orientation?
-File taxes jointly??

2nd parent adoption/ same-sex parent:
-Is this treated the same as step-parent adoption?
-Is a home study &/or court appearance &/or adoption agency involvement required?
-Can the adoption be done privately with a attorney? Is a court/judge appearance required?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Getting legal advice from an anonymous internet forum is not the best idea. Find the statute itself (here it is, took me less than 2 minutes with Google) http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-122A.html
and read it, if you really need to know how it might apply to you, consult a family law attorney.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 PM

123 posts, read 345,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Getting legal advice from an anonymous internet forum is not the best idea. Find the statute itself (here it is, took me less than 2 minutes with Google) NRS: CHAPTER 122A - DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIPS
and read it, if you really need to know how it might apply to you, consult a family law attorney.
I am not asking for legal advice and I have done some reading on the subject. (t I was hoping for some impute from LBGT persons that have first hand experience with the actual implantation of the law/statue. A statue/law is one thing but often real life experience with how well it is implemented and local agencies/companies/communities application is different.

Thanks for the website.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:30 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj79 View Post
I am not asking for legal advice and I have done some reading on the subject. (t I was hoping for some impute from LBGT persons that have first hand experience with the actual implantation of the law/statute. A statute/law is one thing but often real life experience with how well it is implemented and local agencies/companies/communities application is different.

Thanks for the website.

Makes sense-- that isn't the way you asked the question the first time. If you don't get info here, you might want to contact LGBT organizations in Nevada, I would bet they would be able to give you some insight into how the statute is working "in real life".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada